Help me with HDD choice

Im going to build a VRPC for the loungeroom to plug my Quest into and also WiFi my quest to this PC.

Im going to get a AMD Ryzen 5700x CPU and a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Motherboard.

Im thinking of getting a Gen 4 mvme for the C drive (What is a good 500gig drive to get?)

Also, im thinking of getting 3 nvme drives 1 for Vive VR Games, 1 for Steam VR and one for Oculus VR.

The issue is that I will need to get a SilverStone ECM23 M.2 to PCIe Adapter for one of the drives. Now would Gen 4 be better or can I get away with Gen3?

Also, should I go with 2.5 SSD instead?

For just gaming, the gen4 nvme drives are way overkill, Id get a budget or midrange one, how about a sn550?

Why not one big nvme drive for games? Games don't need that much io, and your probably only playing one at once. 

I was going to buy a Western Dig Black but people on here say go with SSD/nvme, its better so was going with 2TB SSD/nvme each. I would like to keep the VR games on the PC just incase (when lockdown is over) for friends/family to come around and be able to play VR and dont have to wait for me to re-download the games etc.

Just now, h45e said:

I was going to buy a Western Dig Black but people on here say go with SSD/nvme, its better so was going with 2TB SSD/nvme each. I would like to keep the VR games on the PC just incase (when lockdown is over) for friends/family to come around and be able to play VR and dont have to wait for me to re-download the games etc.

HOw big are all of the games in total?

Id get something like a 1-2tb ssd for games and os, and then a 8tb hdd for other things and games you play less, but depends on how much space your files take.

Id probalby not get the wd black hdd, they seem to have not updated them in a while, and there are normally better options

It is beneficial to go with nvme or the cost saving option of SSD?

9 hours ago, h45e said:

It is beneficial to go with nvme or the cost saving option of SSD?

a nvme drive is a ssd, I think you mean sata.

There often a simmilar price now, so id go nvme if its about the same price, less cables, less cpu overhead, slightly lower latency.