Rocket League constantly crashing

Pastorcasper 2.0
Go to solution Solved by Pastorcasper 2.0,

alright so at least for the most part rolling back drivers fixed it, but I did still crash once last night (will be trying to fix some other issues and see if that helps this anymore as well)

Alrighty so I think I have bad luck as I have had many various problems, but the most recent and severe atm is my game crashing almost constantly. Here are my specs 

I use windows 10. I am yet to test it on another game, but when playing Rocket League, i cant go more than maybe 10 or 15 minutes until it freezes, both my monitors go black for a few seconds, and then it comes back and the game is gone but audio is running but glitched, and its still "open" in the taskbar. I have checked event viewer and there are various errors that usually come up IDK which ones are useful to post though. Any help? its really frustrating  

DDU the drivers, update the OS, firmware and system drivers. Make sure nothing is overclocked cause of the power supply (CX green have issues)

39 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

DDU the drivers, update the OS, firmware and system drivers. Make sure nothing is overclocked cause of the power supply (CX green have issues)

i did the DDU last night, I checked for windows updates thats all fine, suggestions for easiest/best way to do drivers and firmware?

15 minutes ago, Pastorcasper 2.0 said:

i did the DDU last night, I checked for windows updates thats all fine, suggestions for easiest/best way to do drivers and firmware?

check the motherboard manufacturer's website for the latest chipset drivers and BIOS

alright then yea i have that, the board is fairly old so there arent any recent updates

2 hours ago, 5x5 said:

check the motherboard manufacturer's website for the latest chipset drivers and BIOS

alright so i did DDU and reinstalled latest GFX drivers, my windows is up to date, and I have the latest firmeware/BIOS for MOBO, and made sure I was on totally stock clock speed, and I just did a test right now and it still crashed

so the COM error happened within about 30 seconds of it crashing, and I would assume the freeze is from the other error, and then in event viewer there is one of those errors for everytime the screen froze/blacked out

I JUST WANNA CHILL AND GAME AGH plz help

image.thumb.png.85a8d46380c21fc8b46f9832d46af263.pngimage.thumb.png.625aa379b27b2c27d27dc50229f2aed2.png

Are your monitors Freesync or G Sync? If so turn that off and try or check your refresh rates. Try booting in safe mode and running the game. Sounds like a driver issue, maybe uninstall your current GPU drivers and then start again. Try just one monitor at a time. Just kinda trouble shooting, hard to pin point what could be going on.

10 minutes ago, Kastley said:

Are your monitors Freesync or G Sync? If so turn that off and try or check your refresh rates. Try booting in safe mode and running the game. Sounds like a driver issue, maybe uninstall your current GPU drivers and then start again. Try just one monitor at a time. Just kinda trouble shooting, hard to pin point what could be going on.

thanks for running through some trouble shooting stuff, I tried rolling back drivers and this might have at least temporarily fixed it i am finally trying because my pc has tons of other problems I still need to fix as well which usually make it take at least 10 minutes to be usable after rebooting :( but if this works then the urgent problem is fixed and I can finally have my relax time back *YAY* and then I can try and fix everything else, testing now 🤞

It's a good rig, sad to hear you're having other problems as well!

12 hours ago, Kastley said:

It's a good rig, sad to hear you're having other problems as well!

yea I think I'm just a straight up pc problem magnet, I have  had many a problem and still do, hopefully I can get the rest of them worked out through you guys, some other friends, and google, then I'll be home free, or i might just backup some files and full wipe the pc and start fresh and see if that fixes things

edit: I also just realized my GFX card is selling for $400 on amazon ATM and realized I got it for $200 🤷‍♂️

alright so at least for the most part rolling back drivers fixed it, but I did still crash once last night (will be trying to fix some other issues and see if that helps this anymore as well)