Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, are there any laptops like this ​​​​​​​...

Go to solution Solved by markr54632,

Mxm was dropped by nvidia and amd if I recall correctly. So not this generation. Even when it was a "standard" the GPU's often didnt work across different manufacturers or models and required modifications to the cooling solution to upgrade. That's if you could even find a replacement mxm module for less than the cost of the laptop.

Mxm was dropped by nvidia and amd if I recall correctly. So not this generation. Even when it was a "standard" the GPU's often didnt work across different manufacturers or models and required modifications to the cooling solution to upgrade. That's if you could even find a replacement mxm module for less than the cost of the laptop.

9 hours ago, Juraj Petrina said:

upgradeable gpu ( like mxm)

Clevo has P750 with MXM GPU (Intel 9th gen desktop, Nvidia 20 series). While AW Area 51m has upgradeable GPU, it uses Quanta's proprietary connector, not MXM

Check out my laptop reviews here

My daily driver: Lenovo Legion 5i 15

Spoiler

Intel i7-11800H Nvidia RTX3060 130W Kingston Fury 16GB (8X2) 3200MHz CL20 RAM Samsung PM9A1 1TB PCIe 4.0 SSD BOE0998 165Hz GSYNC FHD IPS

4 hours ago, genexis_x said:

Clevo has P750 with MXM GPU (Intel 9th gen desktop, Nvidia 20 series). While AW Area 51m has upgradeable GPU, it uses Quanta's proprietary connector, not MXM

Didnt nvidia say they were phasing out their mxm GPU's last year? I am legitimately surprised there is an rtx mxm card. 

1 hour ago, markr54632 said:

Didnt nvidia say they were phasing out their mxm GPU's last year? I am legitimately surprised there is an rtx mxm card. 

Probably won't see anymore after Turing

Check out my laptop reviews here

My daily driver: Lenovo Legion 5i 15

Spoiler

Intel i7-11800H Nvidia RTX3060 130W Kingston Fury 16GB (8X2) 3200MHz CL20 RAM Samsung PM9A1 1TB PCIe 4.0 SSD BOE0998 165Hz GSYNC FHD IPS