How to install standoffs

JxmesO

It seems impossible to make these go through the mobo hole and screw into the case. I haven’t got the screwdriver.

44F148A6-1150-4B20-A3A2-F1D233F11144.jpeg

Just now, JxmesO said:

It seems impossible to make these go through the mobo hole and screw into the case. I haven’t got the screwdriver.

It's because the standsoff go before the mobo.

'diagram' seen from the side:

image.png.069075390393935a2996911a2b50589b.png

The standoffs are screwed into the case, the motherboard is set on top of the standoffs (to make sure the back of the board doesn't touch the metal of the case) and then you use screws to secure the motherboard to the standoffs.

Do you have no standoffs at all under the board? Or only the case included ones?

Anyways, get the board out of the case and check if you have all the standoffs needed installed.

Using a hex driver or plyers is easiest to secure the standoffs in place.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

7 minutes ago, minibois said:

It's because the standsoff go before the mobo.

'diagram' seen from the side:

image.png.069075390393935a2996911a2b50589b.png

The standoffs are screwed into the case, the motherboard is set on top of the standoffs (to make sure the back of the board doesn't touch the metal of the case) and then you use screws to secure the motherboard to the standoffs.

Do you have no standoffs at all under the board? Or only the case included ones?

Anyways, get the board out of the case and check if you have all the standoffs needed installed.

Using a hex driver or plyers is easiest to secure the standoffs in place.

Thanks mate that explains everything!