Do newer motherboards support older ram cards?

I'm currently planning to upgrade my pc from year 2016 to Ryzen 5 3600 + ASRock B450 GAMING ITX/AC AMD SOCKET AM4 motherboard.

but the salesperson said that my current 8gb 2133mhz ram card (KINGSTON KVR21N15D8/8) is not supported.

is this true? because from ASRock website, it states that the ram card type is supported. I dont know much so i wish to learn and know more to why it can, or cannot.

thank you in advanced.

Any unbuffered non ECC (although some boards may even support ECC) DIMM DDR4 ram will work. it just won't work well if its slow.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

It's DDR4 RAM so while yes it is supported it's definitely not recommended for Ryzen 3000 series chips.

You want RAM rated for 3600MHz of speed for optimal results or at the very least 3000Mhz RAM and you want at least two sticks of the same RAM as well for dual channel performance. You currently have a single 8GB stick of 2133MHz RAM so it's going to really hurt performance of your chip.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: