Reliable PSU recommendation for a 24/7 system with no GPU (or a low wattage pci slot powered one)

LauRoman

i have a DQ77MK motherboard that will be used with either a xeon e3 1230 or a e3 1260L. It will most likely run 24/7, not at full, or probably even 50% cpu usage most of the time, but still.

Am looking for something in the 50-60$ range. I rather it have a long warranty and a better rating than a high wattage. But can't seem to find anything decent in my country.

The PSU needs to be available in (eastern) Europe. Getting something from Amazon stores in the EU has vat and shipping varying from 7$ to 30-35$ so not to keen on getting one from there until i see thee added costs, but suggestions are welcomed.

Can't really find something with a good waranty and a decent price in the 350-450 w range. I was thinking about seasonic s12iii 500 or 550 only because of the 5 year warranty and because i can get the 500 around almost exactly 50$ with 2$ shipping from a store near here.

But i haven't heard good things about that line of their products or seasonic lately. Even though, the longest surviving psus i had were both seasonic (i don't have them anymore because i sold them with the computers).

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

corsair cx450?

The store that has the seasonic does not have the cx450. It has the cx550 starting at around 90$. Another one has the 450 it but it is around 90$ there. Both 5 year warranty. The first store has the cv450 but i need to research that series more and it only has a 2 year warranty.

Amazon.de has it starting at 70$ but no seller is delivering it in my country. Amazon.co.uk has it at 85$. Both stores without shipping.

You don't think it would be easier to get recommendations if we knew where you were buying from?

:)

It is a store that is only in Romania has i think a few locations in Hungary, Bulgaria and delivers to a few other locations. It is called emag, but since it is not available in western countries, i didn't mention it.

4 minutes ago, LauRoman said:

It is called emag, but since it is not available in western countries, i didn't mention it

Could you perhaps link the store?

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.emag.ro%2F

with Google translate since it is not available in any western language.

It does not have to be a certain store. I have bought stuff off amazon before if it was cheaper even with vat and shipping. But that rarely happens. Amazon links are fine, but it has to be the EU and if it is almost double the price with shipping and thus more expensive than what i can find here, then the link is useless.

All i can find around here are those cheap 15-25$ PSUs. Anything decent and with more modern build techniques seems to start around the 90-100$ mark. the stuff inbetween i'm a bit wary of. There basically are no modern-built low power decent PSUs sold around here.

8 minutes ago, Juular said:

A bit cheaper alternative to Seasonic S12III (which is fine) with 3y warranty tho - https://www.emag.ro/sursa-segotep-500w-80-plus-gold-atx-2-31-pfc-activ-gp600g/pd/DNVDZMBBM/

I might look into reviews of that one. I have heard of the brand. Never actually used one. It appears in the tier list, so, at least a few people think it is not a waste of money. I have recommended some of their cases even if they were knock-offs of stuff from Enermax and such.

12 minutes ago, LauRoman said:

I might look into reviews of that one. I have heard of the brand. Never actually used one. It appears in the tier list, so, at least a few people think it is not a waste of money. I have recommended some of their cases even if they were knock-offs of stuff from Enermax and such.

That's probably the other way around, since Enermax uses this PSU's platform in their Platimax D.F. sub 700W PSUs, i.e Segotep is OEM, or rather it's parent, Fortech. So essentially if you want to look for it's reviews you look at reviews of Enermax version, minus different fan.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

47 minutes ago, Juular said:

That's probably the other way around, since Enermax uses this PSU's platform in their Platimax D.F. sub 700W PSUs, i.e Segotep is OEM, or rather it's parent, Fortech. So essentially if you want to look for it's reviews you look at reviews of Enermax version, minus different fan.

Sorry, i meant that Segotep makes some Enermax knock-off cases, i have no clue about their power supplies, yet.

Or it may actually be as you say, and Enermax makes those cases in one of Colorful's subsidiaries (i did some googleing and Segotep seems to be owned by Colorful, so it may not be too bad of a manufacturer).