Should i buy the ryzen 7 3700x or wait for the 4 series ?

I mainly use for gaming and 3d sculpt, rendering and modeling. 
So what you guys think ?

I'm not like desperate, i just want a better cpu to play games at 2k 60fps or 144 if i can.

current rig :  ryzen 7 2700x, rtx 2070 not super, 16 gb ram, ssd with hdd and motherboard rog crosshair viii hero.

9 minutes ago, Gustavo Dutra said:

I mainly use for gaming and 3d sculpt, rendering and modeling. 
So what you guys think ?

I'm not like desperate, i just want a better cpu to play games at 2k 60fps or 144 if i can.

current rig :  ryzen 7 2700x, rtx 2070 not super, 16 gb ram, ssd with hdd and motherboard rog crosshair viii hero.

I believe you must wait... Ryzen 7 2700X is an excellent CPU. For 2k gaming you will not see any difference if you will upgrade to 3700Χ.

25 minutes ago, UCLA said:

I believe you must wait... Ryzen 7 2700X is an excellent CPU. For 2k gaming you will not see any difference if you will upgrade to 3700Χ.

The thing is that i'm trying to go for 144 fps gaming on 2k you know. My cpu don't get that done never. Maybe is my gpu then ?

8 minutes ago, Gustavo Dutra said:

The thing is that i'm trying to go for 144 fps gaming on 2k you know. My cpu don't get that done never. Maybe is my gpu then ?

In 2k 144fps gaming GPU matters..

2 minutes ago, UCLA said:

In 2k 144fps gaming GPU matters..

Yep. Being searching and even a rtx 2080 cant do the job for all games. Huh 80 fps in 2k works as well then haha

1 hour ago, Gustavo Dutra said:

Yep. Being searching and even a rtx 2080 cant do the job for all games. Huh 80 fps in 2k works as well then haha

Yep! You are fine!

I would at least wait for the next, if not two generations. 4-series on desktop may just end up being a "facelift" Zen 2 that won't add that much, versus what a future Zen 3 would likely improve on.

"Rawr XD"

2 minutes ago, Aniallation said:

I would at least wait for the next, if not two generations. 4-series on desktop may just end up being a "facelift" Zen 2 that won't add that much, versus what a future Zen 3 would likely improve on.

agree

i've been sitting on my CPU for almost 3 years. still uninspired :(

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x