PC won't turn on...

keannu leaves

Hey Guys,

I got a second hand computer from my poppy 5 days ago and ive run into a few issues. As soon as I got the computer it worked fine, but when I moved all the components to my new case (swapped out the gpu, and i took out the ram and put it back in again (dunno why)) it started to act up, twice the computer worked fine and I wasnt interrupted but now the computer wont turn on, it either would boot to the login screen or just not boot at all. How can I fix this?

I have tried the following;

-Changed the powersupply

-Reapplied thermal paste

-Unplugged then replugged the psu cables

Current Specs- (I've included literally included every spec trying to be as vivid as possible)

OS- 64 bit Windows 10 home (not installed)

CPU- i7-6700

Mobo- MSI B150M Bazooka

GPU- 1070 founders edition

PSU- thermaltake litepower 750 watt

RAM- 4xGeIL 4GB PC4-17000

HDD- 2x 1TB seagate baracuda (both of them are wiped, i believe one of them had windows on it - can't confirm)

CPU Cooler- stock intel cooler

Case fans- stock thermaltake fans

Case- Thermaltake view 27

Thank You if you can help, if you need anymore information please let me know and I will reply ASAP

If you took the parts out, handles them, and put them in somewhere else you may have either damaged the parts when you did or not put them in correctly.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

36 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

If you took the parts out, handles them, and put them in somewhere else you may have either damaged the parts when you did or not put them in correctly.

I can't see how I would've broken the parts seeing how as I said it will boot every now and then.

1 hour ago, keannu leaves said:

I can't see how I would've broken the parts seeing how as I said it will boot every now and then.

Well there’s broken and there’s loosely seated.  Also memory can develop weird errors that only occasionally come up.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.