CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage: 2 TB WD HD & 500 GB ssd
Mainboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
RAM: AMD Tridentz G.SKILLZ DDR4 16gb 3600MHz
PSU: Corssair CX650M 650W 80 plus gold semi modular
Case: PHANTEKS Evolv X
Display: (Usual) 1080p 144Hz & 1440p 144Hz

The reason I want to upgrade is that NVIDIA Ampere and new CPU's will be coming out later this year. I mainly want to upgrade my GPU however, I am unsure about upgrading to a 2080 Super/Ti or should I wait for Ampere. During this quarantine, I want to start gaming/streaming and I know that 1060 wont cut it. Also, there are some games that I play suffer but should I hold off until Ampere? Also should I upgrade my CPU as well? Since prices for AMD 3000's series is at a reason cost. Please let me know what you guys think and thanks for the advice. Be safe and have a good day!

8 minutes ago, RDFred said:

Hello everyone:

I am looking to upgrade my build

The reason I want to upgrade is that NVIDIA Ampere and new CPU's will be coming out later this year. I mainly want to upgrade my GPU however, I am unsure about upgrading to a 2080 Super/Ti or should I wait for Ampere. During this quarantine, I want to start gaming/streaming and I know that 1060 wont cut it. Also, there are some games that I play suffer but should I hold off until Ampere? Also should I upgrade my CPU as well? Since prices for AMD 3000's series is at a reason cost. Please let me know what you guys think and thanks for the advice. Be safe and have a good day!

If ur waiting for rtx3000 series then don't upgrade now but It would around 10-15% improvement max .If u can spend u can get 2080 super .It is better than 2080 ti. Hope it helps

11 minutes ago, RDFred said:

The reason I want to upgrade is that NVIDIA Ampere and new CPU's will be coming out later this year. I mainly want to upgrade my GPU however, I am unsure about upgrading to a 2080 Super/Ti or should I wait for Ampere.

well, you've answered yourself. wait for ampere. see if they are worth it. if not, get a 2080 whatever. it will be cheaper than now after the ampere release.

Just now, Shreyasb said:

If u can spend u can get 2080 super .It is better than 2080 ti.

it's not better than the ti, but also the ti is not worth its price.

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

it's not better than the ti, but also the ti is not worth its price.

Memory is faster so I said its better

39 minutes ago, RDFred said:

Hello everyone:

I am looking to upgrade my build

I'd keep the cpu for sure no need to upgrade that fo gaming ..for gpu I would get a 2070 super...now.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

31 minutes ago, Shreyasb said:

Memory is faster so I said its better

that's not how it works. ti is objectively better than the 2080 super at everything.

4 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

that's not how it works. ti is objectively better than the 2080 super at everything.

Of course...it use a bigger gpu core with a lot more CUDA and ray tracing cores so its indeed a lot faster.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

It's easy to get bogged down in $50-100 when it's our money but you know what is also money? time. If you're not going to stream for 6 months because of ampere/rdna2 then sure you gained 10% fps in a video game but you lost out on 6 months of gaming/streaming and generally doing what you want to do with your time. 

Marginal upgrades will always exist, your gpu will only be "fast" until the new one comes out but every day is valuable, if the quality of your machine is bottlenecking the things you want to do NOW then you need to solve that NOW and gain back those months 

edit: just buy the 2080 S and be happy for the next 3 years

22 hours ago, boggy77 said:

Your are right .But I heared that for 1080p and 1440p memory speed is more useful so I said that and also it worth for 1440p gaming 

6 minutes ago, Shreyasb said:

Your are right .But I heared that for 1080p and 1440p memory speed is more useful so I said that and also it worth for 1440p gaming 

no.

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

no.

Thanks bro . I will remember it 

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the advice. So I am going to wait for ampere top see how the new GPU will be, if not to my liking then I will get a 2080 ti. Do you guys think I should upgrade my 2600x to a 3800x or 3900x?

4 hours ago, RDFred said:

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the advice. So I am going to wait for ampere top see how the new GPU will be, if not to my liking then I will get a 2080 ti. Do you guys think I should upgrade my 2600x to a 3800x or 3900x?

If u have some money left and want more fps in games upgrade CPU but its not really need for 1440p I think

6 hours ago, RDFred said:

i would go no higher than 3700X... or even better: wait to see if ryzen 4000 fits in your board with a bios update?