Ryzen 3600 with Hyper TX3 Cooling

Hello, I recently built my first PC and I have a few questions about CPU (Ryzen 3600, with Hyper TX3 cooler) temps:

My CPU is hitting around 70C during gaming, with some spikes to 75C, idle temps range from 45-55 with occasional spikes to 60. Are these temps fine for long term?

The cooler could only be mounted top to bottom so I had two choices: pull air from bottom (facing gpu) or pull air from the top. I decided to pull air from the bottom, thinking that it would help exhaust air out the top, however would it be better to flip it around? Also, would it be worth buying a second 90mm fan to slap on the cpu cooler?

The case is an H500P mesh

Thank you

Assuming you used good paste and the mount is good - the GPU is likely responsible for the slightly warmer thermals. You're still within reason, but if you want to do something, get more Intake and exhaust fans and Kryonaut paste

Thanks, would you recommend putting fans on the case before putting another fan on the cooler?

14 minutes ago, YeetMyPC said:

Thanks, would you recommend putting fans on the case before putting another fan on the cooler?

Do you have more than the stock two 200mm intakes?

No, I just have the stock fans at the moment

Btw 75C is fine. Cooler is generally better, but 80 is my personal too hot temp.

Is the CPU cooler fan running at full speed? What about the 200mm intakes? The rear exhaust?

If I was aiming for a fan, I'd probably do top exhaust first. That's if airflow is your problem though. You might be at the limits of your CPU cooler. A good way to test this is to pull the side panel. For fun, aim a desk fan etc into the case to really add some airflow and see how much your temps change. If it's not a lot, airflow isn't the issue, it's the cooler.

After differing opinions showed up in a thread with @LogicalDrm, I recently tested how much my temps changed with different fan settings. The tldr is logicaldrm was right, with good fans and a good airflow case, any more case fans beyond 2 in and 1 out doesn't reduce temps much at all and you'd be better off spending money on a better CPU cooler.

The cooler fan has its curve set so that it goes to max speed @ 55C, but the intakes and exhaust are definitely not running at max as their curves are associated with a different temp (I assume).

Unfortunately I can't do this test due to the way my PC sits, however, my GPU cools reasonably well, reaching idle temps within a few mins, so I believe airflow within the case is fine.

I still have room to attach one more fan onto my CPU cooler, but as you say, I might be better off getting a better cooler.

I'm in Australia so we are heading into winter now, and so if my temps are fine as you guys say, I think I'll just leave the current set up for now and when summer comes around, I'll buy a better cooler. Do you have any recommendations for coolers?

Thank you

Your temps seem fine. What are cpu temps with a synthetic load? I personally use OCCT. 

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

45 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Your temps seem fine. What are cpu temps with a synthetic load? I personally use OCCT. 

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thanks for the tip.

My CPU temps are topping out at 69C after running for a few mins with OCCT. Not sure if this is a long enough test.

47 minutes ago, YeetMyPC said:

Thanks for the tip.

My CPU temps are topping out at 69C after running for a few mins with OCCT. Not sure if this is a long enough test.

That's pretty good. 

You should run it for however long it takes for temps to stop rising and level off. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Considering that cooler is lower end of budget coolers, you are seeing very much normal temps. You would see similar results using stock cooler.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv