Everything powers on but can't get into bios

Hi,

So I built a new pc, it consists of a ryzen 3900x, geforce rtx 2070 super, Asus x570 plus (wifi) motherboard and a Corsair 650w gold PSU. The cooler is a dark pro 4, ram is 16gb, ssd 1tb and hdd 2 tb.

I've checked that everything is is connected correctly and so on. Everything powers up, there's a signal and only thing that shows up is the tuf gaming screen, along with click f2 and del for the bios. The USB connections all work, as the keyboard lights up, phone charges, etc. But when I click f2 and del, as well as any other key, it does nothing, so I'm stuck in that screen.

I'm really confused and would love any insight into what I have to correct and look at, as it isn't something that I can find a solution to online. As the PSU is fine, the graphics card works and I'm sure the CPU and motherboard is fine as everything powers up and operates. Just can't get into the bios, since keyboard doesn't work and can't download any OS due to the issue.

Sorry about the hideous pics, the cable management has been terrible.

IMG_20200427_220559.jpg

IMG_20200427_220806.jpg

IMG_20200427_220750.jpg

IMG_20200427_220724.jpg

7 minutes ago, tormundgiantsban said:

Hi,

So I built a new pc, it consists of a ryzen 3900x, geforce rtx 2070 super, Asus x570 plus (wifi) motherboard and a Corsair 650w gold PSU. The cooler is a dark pro 4, ram is 16gb, ssd 1tb and hdd 2 tb.

I've checked that everything is is connected correctly and so on. Everything powers up, there's a signal and only thing that shows up is the tuf gaming screen, along with click f2 and del for the bios. The USB connections all work, as the keyboard lights up, phone charges, etc. But when I click f2 and del, as well as any other key, it does nothing, so I'm stuck in that screen.

I'm really confused and would love any insight into what I have to correct and look at, as it isn't something that I can find a solution to online. As the PSU is fine, the graphics card works and I'm sure the CPU and motherboard is fine as everything powers up and operates. Just can't get into the bios, since keyboard doesn't work and can't download any OS due to the issue.

Sorry about the hideous pics, the cable management has been terrible

Do the keyboard numlock / capslock lights toggle properly?

Assuming its a usb keyboard, try another usb port (on the backpanel of the mobo)

Does the keyboard have any switches? (Like maybe a on/off lol)

Try another keyboard should you have one.

Just a observation: you specified and photographed all parts except the one failing to work: the keyboard :)

Ummm, just an observation but why did you split the 8 pin across the 8 and 4 pin EPS connections? You don't need the 4 pin EPS and I'm really surprised it even boots without all 8 pins in the 8-pin EPS connection.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

15 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

Do the keyboard numlock / capslock lights toggle properly?

Assuming its a usb keyboard, try another usb port (on the backpanel of the mobo)

Does the keyboard have any switches? (Like maybe a on/off lol)

Try another keyboard should you have one.

Just a observation: you specified and photographed all parts except the one failing to work: the keyboard :)

My bad lol. Yes the caps lock / num lock lights all toggle properly. I don't know how to send a video or if I even have space here to drop it, but it stays stuck on the TUF screen and says click f2 or del for the uefi bios. I press it though nothing happens. 

Yes, I've tried a wireless and wired keyboard. So, I'm stuck. Also, I've connected the keyboard on every USB port, it comes on, lights all work, etc. But no can't get into bios or progress let alone.

12 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Ummm, just an observation but why did you split the 8 pin across the 8 and 4 pin EPS connections? You don't need the 4 pin EPS and I'm really surprised it even boots without all 8 pins in the 8-pin EPS connection.

I had put the 8 pin in the 8 pin connection, though the USB ports in the motherboard by the IO shield weren't working, until I split it 4 across. I was surprised as well, and that's why I'm in this forum. I'm literally confused.

4 minutes ago, tormundgiantsban said:

I had put the 8 pin in the 8 pin connection, though the USB ports in the motherboard by the IO shield weren't working, until I split it 4 across. I was surprised as well, and that's why I'm in this forum. I'm literally confused.

Ah, that's really bizarre. Have you tried shutting off the system, pulling the CMOS battery waiting a bit and putting it back or doing a hard reset of the BIOS settings with a jumper and see if that fixes anything by chance?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

7 minutes ago, tormundgiantsban said:

try using 2 CPU connectors.. one for the 8 pin and one for the 4 pin? 

29 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Ah, that's really bizarre. Have you tried shutting off the system, pulling the CMOS battery waiting a bit and putting it back or doing a hard reset of the BIOS settings with a jumper and see if that fixes anything by chance?

How do I remove the cmos battery? How do I do a reset on the bios? I've never accessed the bios as I just built this yesterday. I've never encountered this issue before with my previous PC's.

26 minutes ago, Robchil said:

try using 2 CPU connectors.. one for the 8 pin and one for the 4 pin? 

I will try that, only thing is I'm not sure if I have any other CPU connectors besides from one 8 pin connector. Isn't 8 pin enough usually? 

11 hours ago, tormundgiantsban said:

I will try that, only thing is I'm not sure if I have any other CPU connectors besides from one 8 pin connector. Isn't 8 pin enough usually? 

it usually is when all pins are in one 8 pin port. not split like that.

are the CPU cables original to the PSU? lay out changes from different vendors.

not all PSU's have support for the second CPU cable either, but that should be a hint that the PSU is not enough. 

and never try using gpu/pcie cable.. i read somwhere they where opposite grounded and will fry your system. 

I put on the pc this time and connected the keyboard and USB to it. It is still stuck on the TUF Gaming press F1 or delete to get into UEFI Bios. 

But, my keyboard is on, but I can't use it. The nums lock lights comes up, which I can't take off, while the caps lock button doesn't light up, and nothing on the keyboard works. I've tried various keyboards, wired and wireless. So it's weird. The keyboard comes one, but I can't use. I know it comes on as the keyboard lights up with rgb, so I think it's a peripheral issue. But have no idea how to fix this.

Also, whilst the PC's on and I move the keyboard USB connection to a different port, it doesn't light up. So, only when you connect it to a USB port on startup.