Metro last light unplayable?

Go to solution Solved by Ariona,

Swapped to DX10 works perfectly,

Hi everyone I just recently got Metro Last Light for PC and in the main menu and for about a minute playing the game ran fine but instantly after i dropped from 40 fps rapidly down to 11fps. 

Please can anyone tell me my issue? Is my GPU really not good enough? I know the game is hard to play on ultra but i thought for sure i can play ESO and BL2 on ultra and skyrim on high, Why the heck can't i play Metro Last Light?

CPU: AMD FX 6350 Vishera 3.9GHz 

GPU: AMD HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 Sapphire model no overclocks

I have even tried to play on ultra low settings and resolution and still i get 11-14fps max, I tried youtube and couldn't find much.

i dont think your system is powerful enough but i would update your drivers if you can and try turning down the settings

Hi everyone I just recently got Metro Last Light for PC and in the main menu and for about a minute playing the game ran fine but instantly after i dropped from 40 fps rapidly down to 11fps. 

Please can anyone tell me my issue? Is my GPU really not good enough? I know the game is hard to play on ultra but i thought for sure i can play ESO and BL2 on ultra and skyrim on high, Why the heck can't i play Metro Last Light?

CPU: AMD FX 6350 Vishera 3.9GHz 

GPU: AMD HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 Sapphire model no overclocks

I have even tried to play on ultra low settings and resolution and still i get 11-14fps max, I tried youtube and couldn't find much.

above/\

The 7750 is a entry level GPU, it's not very capable and while you were able to play ESO BL2 and Skyrim those aren't even in the same league as Metro LL is for system requirements. A good inexpensive upgrade that would enable you to play any game at reasonable settings at 1080p would be a Nvidia GTX 750 Ti, or you could wait and see what comes out in the 8xx series and pick one of those cards to upgrade to.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

ultra on metro on that card? no.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

I was seeing 50fps on ultra settings with no SSAA there's something with the shadows or rendering, Its like it renders the whole damn game. Check the minimal requirements i fully meet the requirements and your telling me all settings off / low at the lowest resolution i cant get higher then 11fps? its always 11fps no matter what my settings are. 

My drivers are up to date. 

I just ran the benchmark and i CAN play at playable settings but if only the GAME would work. Thats what im trying to figure out, how to fix the damn game. (God don't you just love ports)

OXrmSNg.png

Metro is a bit of a system killer. Sorry dude but a 7750 just won't do it.

Nothing to see here - move along.

I know you already figured out a solution but remember to shut off advanced physx in the game options. When I had my 7970 I would get a complete throttle to 10 fps. Second I took it off I was back up in the 35 to 40s. This requires a reset afterwards though. But, yeah. It'll prolly let you run dx11 again.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

Swapped to DX10 works perfectly,

God the Nvidia fanboys.

Who in this thread do you suggest is an Nvidia fanboy? One person suggested an upgrade, that automatically makes him a fan boy?

I know you already figured out a solution but remember to shut off advanced physx in the game options. When I had my 7970 I would get a complete throttle to 10 fps. Second I took it off I was back up in the 35 to 40s. This requires a reset afterwards though. But, yeah. It'll prolly let you run dx11 again.

Yeah i had that off unless it was a user config file edit. 

Yeah i had that off unless it was a user config file edit. 

Nah, you're good in that case. Just making sure. I hadn't played Metro: LL since I purchased my current Nvidia card, but when I had my 7970 the advanced PhysX didn't play well with it.

But awesome. Have fun, bromeo~

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

That card and cpu won't do too well.  Metro LL is very cpu intensive as well so don't forget that.  But the gpu you have is bottle necking it as well so upgrade your gpu first.  B/C you have a 6 core processor it should benefit from using all 6 cores.