Ryzen 3rd gen for Ableton

I'm planning to build myself a computer mainly for music production, video editing and some occasional gaming. But mainly music production is the center of my work Big sample vsts, synths, effects and recordings (planning to get at least 32 go  of ram)

I"m leaning to settle on a ryzen 5 3600 for my build, then I saw this video :

And this got me more confused about my choice in comparison with the 2700x
Has anyone used ableton with any of the mentioned CPUs ? and how well did it perform ?

Would it be smarter to buy a 3700x instead of allocating the difference on a software upgrade (from ableton 9 to ableton 10) ?

CPU prices in my country now are around :

2600x : 150€

3600 : 185€

2700x : 200€

3600x (a current offer) : 200€

3700x : 330€

3800x : 380€

Your use case might actually benefit from the extra cores and threads, but I've read that Music Production tends to do better with higher clocks and IPC, which favors the 3600x. Conversely, video editing would probably be better on the 3700x. 

It depends on the programs you use, so someone else can give you better info tbh.

F@H    EOC

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

what's your overall budget, location and the rest of the planned build?

I'm located in France and my budget is about 1100€ max !
The basics for me are the 32 gigabytes of ram and a silent after market cooler ( a noctua or a be quiet) 

good gpu not a priority but a 1660 super would be nice (an rtx 2060 would be just great) but as I said, not a priority

For the case I'm interested in the be quiet base 500 (costs about 80€ right now)

so yeah these are the main parts

Actually watched the video this time. 

Since you're using Ableton, I would recommend the 2700X, or 3700x is your budget can swing it. Video editing will also benefit from the extra cores and threads.

F@H    EOC

Just now, jctappel67 said:

Actually watched the video this time. 

Since you're using Ableton, I would recommend the 2700X, or 3700x is your budget can swing it. Video editing will also benefit from the extra cores and threads.

Traditionnally DAWs are more dependent on single core performance, but recently they're being developed to utilise multi threading too, ableton even mentions it in their website :
https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209067649-Multi-core-CPU-handling-FAQ

So going for more cores would bring more value, although not quiet sure how would that apply with the 2700x; it has lower IPC and and has a beefier tdp so might needs more budget for the cooling

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

Oh thanks for this list
however I think that I can skip the ssd cause I already have the very same one from a my current use, so this would leave me with an additional 129€
would it be smart to put it into the 3700x ?

4 minutes ago, Despacitus said:

Oh thanks for this list
however I think that I can skip the ssd cause I already have the very same one from a my current use, so this would leave me with an additional 129€
would it be smart to put it into the 3700x ?

if you can push for 50 more, you can get both 3700x and a 2060ko which is a cut down 2080 with similar performance in productivity tasks.

50 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Well this looks pretty great, if so I might push my budget to 1194€ and get the Noctua NH-D14 cause I prefer their acoustic performance that is pretty good for recording