(FIXED) BSOD on all new Hardware

Go to solution Solved by browns037,

I think I finally figured out the freezing issue. its been a couple of days with no issue's so im going to post this and mark it fixed unless something happens again. After reading alot reading about freezes, I saw someone post something about flashing the BIOS. Since i had several BIOS flash's in the past, I thought I would try that. So far it has worked and its been a  couple of days.

Ok, so I posted my first thread showing off my new rig and introducing myself, which you can find here

. I also put on there what had happened and my troubleshooting. After the the removal of my 1TB NVME and install of my new 500GB NVME, I only had a few issue's with the PC freezing. Then came the "windows quality update". So much for quality. I started having BSOD again. I removed the latest quality update and as I was trying to do research for an essay I have to write and installing MS Office Pro 2013, I get a BSOD. I have spent a long time trying to figure out what is wrong and I will admit that some of the troubleshooting left me feeling pretty dumb. I am at my last resort and that is to ask for help from someone on this forum. I got desperate enough to google how to send Linus Tech Tips my PC to see if they would troubleshoot it for me lol. 

Here are the 2 ZIP folders (SysnativeFileCollectionAPP and PERFMON)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zeIRg9cl6UUB0YTFEQIRa9u3lrpc2n2-

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip PERFMON Data 23-APR-2020.zip

• OS - Windows 10
  • x86 x64
  • What OS was originaly installed on the system? WIN 10
  • Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from a retailer)? Full Retail (downloaded WIN 10 from Microsoft and bought key from Amazon)
  • Age of system (hardware) - 15 Jan 2020 (bought) begining of February 2020 Installed
  • Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? most recent re-install was roughly 2 weeks ago
  • CPU model - Intel i7 9700K
  • Video Card model - EVGA 2070 Super FTW3 Ultra
  • MotherBoard - MSI MPG Gaming Pro Carbon
  • Power Supply - EVGA SuperNova G2 850w Gold
  • System Manufacturer - Myself (mix of different manufacturered parts)
  • Laptop or Desktop? Desktop

Two most likely things would be:

1.) Faulty RAM - Try running memtest86 to confirm

2.) Bad GPU driver - Try uninstalling it using DDU in safe mode and installing a fresh driver

Almost as cool as my temps  

7 hours ago, Benergy said:

Two most likely things would be:

1.) Faulty RAM - Try running memtest86 to confirm

2.) Bad GPU driver - Try uninstalling it using DDU in safe mode and installing a fresh driver

I took the PC to a local shop and they performed a memtest on it. I was present for it and the memtest came out fine. I have uninstalled the gpu driver before but since then another update has been installed. When I installed the update, i clicked perform clean install, but i also had the the other drivers checked. I will try the uninstall again. Should I uncheck the other drivers and install only the gpu driver?

so i re-installed the driver again. i havent seen a blue screen since. but i keep getting freezes when the PC sits at idle to long

14 minutes ago, browns037 said:

so i re-installed the driver again. i havent seen a blue screen since. but i keep getting freezes when the PC sits at idle to long

Whata re your temps after a while? Fan config? You running pretty basic air cooler on a pretty hot chip. Reinstalled windows?

On 4/25/2020 at 10:00 PM, itisme911 said:

Whata re your temps after a while? Fan config? You running pretty basic air cooler on a pretty hot chip. Reinstalled windows?

my temps that i have seen while gaming are usually 55 but i have seen up to 63 before. As for the times it freezes idk what the temps are. the fan speeds are all default. i dont really know how to change them or what to change them to. i will check the bios in the morning. I have re-installed window so many times that but i have re-installed them at least 10+ times

also ive noticed that everytime my computer freeze's and i restart it, my sound settings are messed up. it defualts back to the monitor and my astro's have to pretty much act like they are getting installed to the PC for the first time.

CPU Temp is at 41 degrees celsius spinning at 249 RPM. 40 degrees spins at 13%, 55 degrees spins at 38%, 70 degrees spins at 63%, 85% spins at 100%. I turned on the PC and logged into a game to collect some items and about 15 to 20 minutes the PC just restarted. No blue screen just shut off and turned back on.

I think I finally figured out the freezing issue. its been a couple of days with no issue's so im going to post this and mark it fixed unless something happens again. After reading alot reading about freezes, I saw someone post something about flashing the BIOS. Since i had several BIOS flash's in the past, I thought I would try that. So far it has worked and its been a  couple of days.