Computer Blue Screen of Death

jamesjoshua3

Hello everyone, recently I've been having trouble with my graphics card. My computer never used to have this problem and i only recently built it so its fairly new. What happens is when im gaming the graphics will start bugging out (mostly on the new COD) and flashing and then the game will crash and the computer will blue screen, this was bearable as it only happened once every few days but now its happening at least twice a day and it doesn't just happen while i game anymore, it happens while i do uni work or when im just on google. My fix for this is to reinstall the latest updates on my graphics card and this usually fixes it for a few hours but now i want to find a permanent fix, can anyone help me??
Here are my specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen5 3600

GPU: 6GB GTX 1660 Ti Gigabyte gaming OC

CPU: DeepCool GAMMAXX GT RGB 

Motherboard: Asus Prime B450-PLUS

SSD: Kingston A2000 NVMe™ M.2 500 gb

RAM: 16g kit (8gx2) 2400 corsair vengeance lpx (black)

Hard Drive: Seagate 3.5" BarraCuda 1TB 

Power Supply: Coolermaster MWE 80+ Gold Fully Modular 650W 

Case: DeepCool EARLKASE RGB White V2 

Single Fan: Coolermaster MasterFan MF140R RGB

Monitor: Acer Predator XB241H FHD 144Hz G-Sync 24in Monitor

Hello.

Do you remember what the blue screen said? It could be something like system thread exception xxxx. Is XMP/DOCP turned on in your BIOS or have you made any other changes to it?

You can get a list of the blue screens by looking at your logs.  Your concept that it’s the GPU doing this is possible, but there’s a lot of other things that could be doing it too.  There’s drivers, there’s bios, there’s memory.  They’re all more likely than the gpu.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 4/23/2020 at 9:48 AM, aDoomGuy said:

Hello.

Do you remember what the blue screen said? It could be something like system thread exception xxxx. Is XMP/DOCP turned on in your BIOS or have you made any other changes to it?

The error code that comes up is MEMORY MANAGEMENT 

On 4/23/2020 at 10:27 AM, Bombastinator said:

You can get a list of the blue screens by looking at your logs.  Your concept that it’s the GPU doing this is possible, but there’s a lot of other things that could be doing it too.  There’s drivers, there’s bios, there’s memory.  They’re all more likely than the gpu.

I think it might be the memory as the error code is MEMORY MANAGEMENT 

11 hours ago, jamesjoshua3 said:

I think it might be the memory as the error code is MEMORY MANAGEMENT 

Yes indeed, memory errors are far more common than video cards errors. Have you overclocked the memory with XMP/DOCP or manually? If not, there are now two things to try as I see it.

Run Memtest --download here: https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

Try to run with a single memory module? Try each stick and make sure they properly inserted.