Zerotier bridge to WiFi Router

Hello everyone, I'm a long time viewer of LTT but first time in the need of assistance of something this tricky. First let me say that Zerotier has been outstaning all around and I really just need help with taking it a step further, so this lengthy post will be mostly explaining what I did correctly and afterwards what I would like to do and maybe you can help me get it done.

So I have a Zerotier network setup up and running, all firewall rules inside of it and IP addressing are working flawlessly (and I might add quite beautifully). So I took it upon myself to make my life just a little more complicated and bridge a Zerotier Virtual LAN Adapter to passthrough traffic over to a wireless router using windows as a "shared internet connection" which so far semi-works. I am using the windows PC to bridge the Zerotier adapter over to a physical 1gb LAN card that feeds the WiFi router and connected my phone for ping tests with a tunnel in Delaware. Ping times are a little high, but it does work. Here is where my life starts taking a turn for the OCD-Worst.

The tunnel from the physical adapter that is sharing the VPN connection can route all ping traffic and local sharing just fine, but I cannot pass internet through the VPN adapter. This is to be expected since the "LAN" as configured by my Zerotier Management Page does not contain within it a DHCP server nor a DNS server.

So now I wonder...

What would I have to do, so that when an adapter from within the Zerotier LAN is shared, will also have access to the internet? 

I have read this documentation that I am linking to from the Zerotier helpdesk, but I cannot for the life of me understand whether the server config they are reference is pointing to a physical server being a solution or a VM with a bridged adapter inside the network. The term transparent passthrough is one I find myself thinking I might have not understood in its entirety. Is it possible for someone to dumb this down for me a little or try to recreate my settings to see if maybe I am just doing something wrong?

I know this question is a little tricky, because in a normal situation, the computer where the adapter is installed has to have internet on it in the first place! But this is not the case when I bridge the connection over to a seperate "independant network" being served exclusively by the Virtual LAN Adapter. 

In any case, thank you for your time if you got this far into the post, and I hope I have made it clear what my intentions and problems are.

GO LMG!