Need to upgrade from i5-7400.

Good time of day.
So I'm not super tech savvy. I know a thing or two, but not enough to know what's compatible with what.
A while ago I bought a prebuilt PC (Asus G11CD, the one with GTX 1060 6GB, 8GB RAM and aforementioned i5-7400). Sometime later I upgraded my GPU to RTX 2070 and RAM to 16GB. For some time now I've noticed that I get stutters in games, and later found out that my CPU is almost always at 100%. I know I should upgrade, but I don't know which CPU would be compatible with my Motherboard, since from my extensive search all I found is that this Motherboard is named G11CD-KO, and there's not much information I could find on it.

I would be really grateful if someone who knows more about this can help me with my problem.

you can probably get an i7-7700 to work on there, but its quite expensive for what it is. 

might consider upgrading the motherboard and cpu to a Ryzen 3600, which will be way better overall

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Your motherboard is based on H110 chipset, that means you are stuck with either the 6th or 7th generation Intel.

You could upgrade to the i5-7600 or i7-7700 - they will both be definitely better than the 7400 but not as good as Ryzen or the current generation, especially if you want something future proof (in which case you should follow Mister Woof's advice).

If I am not wrong these desktop use a mATX motherboard so if you decide to swap to Ryzen you should look into that form factor.

Also, maybe not required but recommended is that you check/upgrade your PSU as well since you probably have a cheapish 500W model now.

i'd personally skip anything that has the same configuration as yours - a few hundred mhz isn't going to make a huge difference - but getting the i7 would get you hyperthreading, which is increasingly more valuable, especially in quad core designs.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

When I looked up the I5-7400 on Intel's website (here), I saw that it is on the FCLGA1151 socket and when I searched for other CPUs compatible with that socket I found this list. You will want to choose a CPU with the same TDP, unless you know that your particular motherboard can provide more power than 65W.

If I were you I would think about getting a Ryzen CPU such as a  Ryzen 5 1600 AF ($85) or Ryzen 5 2600 ($120) if you just want to game (The Ryzen 5 1600 AF is identical in performance to the 2600 but for about $45 less, or 2/3 the cost) or a Ryzen 5 3600 ($185) for the raw performance it provides. The 3600 will allow you to play harder-to-run games at higher frame rates or resolutions. 

You can often find an i5-6600 for low prices, actually produces a noticable difference over that 7400 from personal experience. You can actually make money that way, by buying a 6600 close to $100 and selling your 7400 at like $115. An i7 is a lot more rare as good value, good luck getting even a 6700 under $200 USD.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad