htc vive in 2020?

so I've never had any vr headset, and planning to buy one, knowing the fact that new headsets are all sold out, and my budget is about 500 eur, I thought of buying something used. And I found someone who sells OG htc vice for 400 eur, considering new one costs 600 and I won't get anything new for at least 2 months (that's the time I mostly spend in home cause of quarantines) I'd say its pretty good deal. He said there are no defects (except that the 3-1 wire someday will break cause they usually do) but he has been using it for 2-3 years, and knowing this vive has been used for a long time and its one of the first gens, gets me scared. P.S. One more question will my PC be able to run simple games like super hot, beat saber with a 1050ti mini?

tbh i don't know if I should post this here, if there is forum in ltt for VR gaming or something like let me know, thanks

As much as I love my vive, I can't recommend it over the Rift S.

Don't expect good VR performance on a 1050 ti, it's below the bare minimum. GTX 970 or 1060 3GB at the very least is recommended.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

It's a bit of a ripoff price. I would suggest waiting instead. I mean you waited 4 years already.

Your system will be able to run it, but it's kinda borderline and will be relying on async reprojection often.

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

As much as I love my vive, I can't recommend it over the Rift S.

Don't expect good VR performance on a 1050 ti, it's below the bare minimum. GTX 970 or 1060 3GB at the very least is recommended.

well vive has a better refresh rate and tracking, also some people say it has sharper colours

1 hour ago, Sakkura said:

It's a bit of a ripoff price. I would suggest waiting instead. I mean you waited 4 years already.

Your system will be able to run it, but it's kinda borderline and will be relying on async reprojection often.

i was thinking about getting VR and later upgrade graphics and ram, my cpu and motherboard is really high end. Though what would be the price for similar vive ? I mean i can ask him to drop the price.

and also is rift s an actual good VR system even for long run, i saw ltt video and he really complain about the refresh rate.

14 minutes ago, P1eRat said:

well vive has a better refresh rate and tracking, also some people say it has sharper colours

The color is nice but the lack of screen door effect really pleased me with the Rift S, and I play a shooting game called Onward which is pretty terrible on open maps when I need to look at far away figures. The vive does provide quite a nice experience so if you prefer games like Beat Saber which are in very close up environments, it does have an appeal, but the refresh rate of the Rift S was something I really didn't notice as a drawback when playing.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The color is nice but the lack of screen door effect really pleased me with the Rift S, and I play a shooting game called Onward which is pretty terrible on open maps when I need to look at far away figures. The vive does provide quite a nice experience so if you prefer games like Beat Saber which are in very close up environments, it does have an appeal, but the refresh rate of the Rift S was something I really didn't notice as a drawback when playing.

Didin't quite understood, if i really like games like beat saber vive would be better or rift s? Also do you think rift s would be viable option for no future upgrades ? All i need is something like rift s, though i would like to run all the games even future titles (ofc after having higher end gpu) without having too much problems, i understand thay index is the best right now, but the price for it is way above my ever investments in VR. And the only game im really thinking to play would br beat saber, and i need good option for that.

Just now, P1eRat said:

if i really like games like beat saber vive would be better or rift s?

You mentioned that the Vive has a better refresh rate, but not by much, and also the improved resolution does make some noticable difference on the Rift S, so you can weigh those against each other.

2 minutes ago, P1eRat said:

Also do you think rift s would be viable option for no future upgrades ? All i need is something like rift s, though i would like to run all the games even future titles (ofc after having higher end gpu) without having too much problems, i understand thay index is the best right now, but the price for it is way above my ever investments in VR.

I don't really see VR headsets as having to do with "upgrades," in terms of their longevity it really comes down to how the experience feels to you. It's really hard to measure the quality of the experience between these headsets.

Primary PC:

So, i've really fought with myself on this one, but figured rift s would be a better vr especially for me. Though I have no idea where to order it, I've checked almost all the oculus retailers stores in EU. So my final question would be If you know where I can order it with shipping internationally (lithuania)