MaximumPC: Toshiba Announces the HG6 Series of SSDs

http://www.maximumpc.com/toshibas_hg6_series_solid_state_drives_arrive_19nm_nand_flash_memory

The HG6 series comes in different form factor options including 2.5-inch (7mm and 9.5mm heights) SATA 6Gbps, mSATA, and M.2 (both single-sided and double-sided) in capacities ranging from 60GB to 512GB, depending on form factor. What they all share in common are 19nm Toggle 2.0 multi-level cell (MLC) NAND flash memory chips.

Performance is the same across the board -- up to 534MB/s sequential reads and up to 482MB/s sequential writes. They also boast enterprise class technology such as Toshiba's proprietary QSBC (Quadruple Swing-By Code) error correction code (ECC) to prevent data corruption caused by NAND wear.

toshiba_hg6_drives.jpg

These are being branded as Toshiba SSDs, despite the recent OCZ purchase. Drives are apparently going to be made under the OCZ brand regardless.

They will, according to a Toshiba press release (http://storage.toshiba.com/docs/default-source/press-releases/hg6_series_release.pdf?sfvrsn=0) begin shipping in March 2014.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

If they're cheaper then that's cool I guess. If not, well then...

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

this is exciting but im waiting to see what come out with SATA Express

I want terabyte halfheight msata ssds.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB