Which AMD Motherboard do I need?

Hi Guys!
I'll get straight to it - I currently have an i5 7400 paired with a GTX 1080 (I know.. bottlenecks) and a spare GTX 970.
Now to get anything decent out of the 1080, I need to upgrade my processor and there are literally no 7700s available in my area. So my next step is to change platforms.

Since I'm on a limited budget something like 700 USD. I decided to go for AMD, but this is my first time with AMD so I have no idea what's going to happen.

Right now I'm thinking about Ryzen 7 3700X, since everybody has told me 3800X is not that much of an improvement. 
For the GFX card, I'll stick to my 1080 and 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 1066MHz.

Now my question is, which Motherboard is the best for the 3700X, I don't want to go over the top but I need something decent that will give me good overclocking. At the same time I have no idea if I should go for b450, X470 or X570 - I don't even know if I will need to flash a bios (for which I will need an older CPU which I don't want to do).

What do you guys think? 

TLDR;
Current System:

• i5 7400
  • Gigabyte H110M Motherboard
  • GTX 1080
  • HyperX Fury 1066 MHz

Potential Upgrade:

• AMD 3700X
  • ?? Motherboard
  • GTX 1080
  • HyperX Fury 1066 MHz (maybe I should change this?)

Honestly with a 3700X, you could go with any decent B450, X470, or X570 motherboard. It all depends on what features you want, and how much you're willing to spend.

A good ~125$ motherboard that can handle your 3700X is the X470 gaming plus max from MSI.

3 minutes ago, xx3987 said:

Hi Guys!
I'll get straight to it - I currently have an i5 7400 paired with a GTX 1080 (I know.. bottlenecks) and a spare GTX 970.
Now to get anything decent out of the 1080, I need to upgrade my processor and there are literally no 7700s available in my area. So my next step is to change platforms.

Since I'm on a limited budget something like 700 USD. I decided to go for AMD, but this is my first time with AMD so I have no idea what's going to happen.

Right now I'm thinking about Ryzen 7 3700X, since everybody has told me 3800X is not that much of an improvement. 
For the GFX card, I'll stick to my 1080 and 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 1066MHz.

Now my question is, which Motherboard is the best for the 3700X, I don't want to go over the top but I need something decent that will give me good overclocking. At the same time I have no idea if I should go for b450, X470 or X570 - I don't even know if I will need to flash a bios (for which I will need an older CPU which I don't want to do).

What do you guys think? 

TLDR;
Current System:

• i5 7400
  • Gigabyte H110M Motherboard
  • GTX 1080
  • HyperX Fury 1066 MHz

Potential Upgrade:

• AMD 3700X
  • ?? Motherboard
  • GTX 1080
  • HyperX Fury 1066 MHz (maybe I should change this?)

Get A B450 Tomawk MAX or a MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI , and get some fucking faster ram. Like 16 gb or 32 (if you're doing heavy workloads or like to load up on tabs while gaming) at cl 16 and 3600mhz. If you want to overclock get an aftermarket cooler like a dark rock, nocuta, either a 14, 15, or 12 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Nothing existed here previously. I swear

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

Honestly with a 3700X, you could go with any decent B450, X470, or X570 motherboard. It all depends on what features you want, and how much you're willing to spend.

A good ~125$ motherboard that can handle your 3700X is the X470 gaming plus max from MSI.

I basically have a budget of 500 - 700 USD to build the upgrade - right now with how the prices are I'm not sure where to spend the majority of it. The 3700X is around 350-375 USD where I live. Will I need to flash a bios with B450s? Also do you have any recommendation which brand has the best overclocking in AMD?

Msi b450 a-pro max, gaming plus max or tomahawk max. They are guaranteed to work with 3000 series ryzen with 

Any asus x570 board. You don't need x570, but it has some cool features like sli support and pcie 4.

1 minute ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Don't follow @Firewrath9's advice for the x470 unless you're willing to update the bios (a bit painstaking if I do say so myself...) 

The gaming plus max comes with an updated bios.

1 minute ago, xx3987 said:

I basically have a budget of 500 - 700 USD to build the upgrade - right now with how the prices are I'm not sure where to spend the majority of it. The 3700X is around 350-375 USD where I live. Will I need to flash a bios with B450s? Also do you have any recommendation which brand has the best overclocking in AMD?

Some bioses will be flashed, some won't. MSI's Max lineup comes with flashed bioses. As for which brand, none in particular, however, stay away from Gigabyte B450/X470, stay away from ASUS b450, and stay away from Asrock X570, and MSI x570. Those are just general guidelines.

I'd reccommend the X470 Gaming Plus Max from MSI if you can afford it. It should be around 125$.

1 minute ago, Firewrath9 said:

The gaming plus max comes with an updated bios.

I mean what? I never said anything...

Ah Now I saw the 'max' smh 

Just now, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Get A B450 Tomawk MAX or a MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI , and get some fucking faster ram. Like 16 gb or 32 (if you're doing heavy workloads or like to load up on tabs while gaming) at cl 16 and 3600mhz. If you want to overclock get an aftermarket cooler like a dark rock, nocuta, either a 14, 15, or 12 

Lmao, I know I kinda saw that coming when I wrote the frequency xD
The RAM is like 200-250 USD and it'll push me over the budget

2 minutes ago, xx3987 said:

Lmao, I know I kinda saw that coming when I wrote the frequency xD
The RAM is like 200-250 USD and it'll push me over the budget

wtf. It should be EASILY under 100 for 16gb cl 16 3600mhz. You're getting a shit deal otherwise 

Just now, Brok3n But who cares? said:

wtf. It should be EASILY under 100 for 16gb cl 16 3600mhz. You're getting a shit deal otherwise 

Its just where I live - RAM is super expensive which is why I haven't upgraded it in a long time

4 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Some bioses will be flashed, some won't. MSI's Max lineup comes with flashed bioses. As for which brand, none in particular, however, stay away from Gigabyte B450/X470, stay away from ASUS b450, and stay away from Asrock X570, and MSI x570. Those are just general guidelines.

I'd reccommend the X470 Gaming Plus Max from MSI if you can afford it. It should be around 125$.

So X470 and X570s should all come pre-flashed? I just don't want to risk and get stuck with an unflashed bios

Your Ram is very slow for Ryzen. You will lose a lot of performance running 2133MHz speed. 

Just now, xx3987 said:

So X470 and X570s should all come pre-flashed? I just don't want to risk and get stuck with an unflashed bios

just MSI Max series. Newer boards probably are flashed, just no guarantee.

2 minutes ago, xx3987 said:

Its just where I live - RAM is super expensive which is why I haven't upgraded it in a long time

What Country are you buying from ?

3 minutes ago, xx3987 said:

Which country will probably help some people track down some better prices if there are any to be had.

6 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

What Country are you buying from ?

4 minutes ago, IntMD said:

Which country will probably help some people track down some better prices if there are any to be had.

The UAE - Primarily Dubai. to give you a better understanding, My budget is around 2500 AED (680ish USD)

Cheapest RAM: https://www.amazon.ae/HyperX-DIMM-Black-HX426C16FB-16/dp/B07WJJJ27P/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=3600MHx%2BDDR4&qid=1587238021&s=computers&sr=1-1-fkmr0&th=1

Cheapest Ryzen: https://www.amazon.ae/gp/product/B07SXMZLPK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2U4ZT4WPUV6QU&psc=1

the options I have is either Amazon, or Newegg (But the shipping will kill me)

10 minutes ago, xx3987 said:

International shipping for the RAM would probably be cheaper than overpay $150 

1 minute ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

International shipping for the RAM would probably be cheaper than overpay $150 

Fair Enough - Which RAM is good with 3700X ? I know Ryzen seems to favor high frequency but are there any brands that I need to be biased towards because of Ryzen?

1 minute ago, xx3987 said:

Fair Enough - Which RAM is good with 3700X ? I know Ryzen seems to favor high frequency but are there any brands that I need to be biased towards because of Ryzen?

If you can get it at a reasonable price, then 3600 CL16 is pretty spot on, if it is significantly cheaper 3200 CL14 should be pretty good too.

How does this look? Should I bother with a 35-50 USD upgrade to 3800X ? From what I've seen you can get to 3800X level performance with a 3700X easy. or am I off base here?

image.png