Laptop for video editing and sound mixing

Planning to buy a video editing laptop to run After Effects and Premiere Pro CC. Any suggestions?

if the money isn't an issue, i'll recommend macbook pro/ macbook air (at least i5 model). otherwise pick an i7 windows laptop.

8 hours ago, EDWIN THOMAS said:

Planning to buy a video editing laptop to run After Effects and Premiere Pro CC. Any suggestions?

I'd lean toward a 16-inch MacBook Pro, in part because it gives you more media editing options (you could go with Final Cut Pro if Adobe doesn't cut it) and some options that are still pretty rare, like gobs of built-in SSD storage.

Of course, this is provided budget allows.  If you need to keep costs lower, it gets a bit trickier.

yea, the macbook Air will be a bad choice, even with i5.

The Air is NOT the Device for Workloads like Video editing, rendering etc.

Literaly ANYTHING that creatives a longer 100% CPU Load = Macbook Air is the Wrong device.

The Cooling System is not meant for that. The CPU will always sit at 99-100°C (Not overheating, still within Intel's maximum Temperature Limit of 100 °C), the Fans will be Loud, and the CPU will throttle down alot.

For that Price you can get a faster Thinkpad T495/490, T14 maybe, HP Elitebook (or Thinkpad E-series, or HP ProBook), if you want to stick to Business Class quality models.
They are much better cooled, and don't use a low power y-series CPU.

If Macbook: 16", or wait for the 14" Pro.