AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

Noctua NH12A

GeForce rtx 2070 super

32gb 3200 corsair rgb vengeance pro

Asus TUF gaming x570 plus

TX750M Corsair PSU

2tb barracuda HDD 

258gb evo 970 plus m.2 ssd

I primarily built my system for a variety of games but at the moment im even haveing lag spikes when playing CSGO which is quite frustrating. In the bios i enabled my docp profile and checked if everything was running which it was, i downloaded my gpu and cpu drivers.. Another issue i have is that i cant boot of of my ssd, each time i try it says that there was no signal found and it restarts and boots off of the hdd. I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this since it is really frustrating.

Did you try installing windows with only the ssd plugged in?

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

so you have windows on the hdd?

can you check whether the docp profile remains applied? what ram frequency is shown in task manager? do you have 2 or 4 sticks of ram? if 2, are they in slots 2 and 4?

I installed windows on my ssd. I really dont know why it wont boot from the ssd. I went into the csutom settings and all the docp rpofile options were chosen. iIn the task maanager it says that my ram is running at 3200mhz. I have 2 sticks of ram and yes theyre in slots 2 and 4, thanks for the fast reply!

9 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

so you have windows on the hdd?

can you check whether the docp profile remains applied? what ram frequency is shown in task manager? do you have 2 or 4 sticks of ram? if 2, are they in slots 2 and 4?

11 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Did you try installing windows with only the ssd plugged in?

all the windows files are installed in my C drive (ssd) so they should be on there

so if you installed windows on your ssd, what boots from the hdd? do you have windows on the hdd as well?

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

so if you installed windows on your ssd, what boots from the hdd? do you have windows on the hdd as well?

Im not sure but all the windows files (Program File, Program files(86), windows old, Windows) are installed in the c drive. The things that are installed on the d drive are windows apps,c.PNG.9c7625e7894c23171ee5c3e217379e3f.PNG

Capture.PNG

5 minutes ago, OakiDoki said:

all the windows files are installed in my C drive (ssd) so they should be on there

5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Little known fact that windows was created by a fellow of 500+IQ who decided that some files should be put on the other drives in the computer even if the user didn't select them.

TL;DR sometimes windows will install on the HDD and not on the SSD and never tell you

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

so it means it boots from the ssd. i can't boot from the hdd if windows is not there. what makes you think it boots from the hdd?

Just now, boggy77 said:

so it means it boots from the ssd. i can't boot from the hdd if windows is not there. what makes you think it boots from the hdd?

In the boot priority the first priority that is listed is the HDD, and when i boot up it actually works with that  set as priority but when i set the ssd as 1# theres a black screen, an error message saysing no signal found then it reboots from the hdd ( when i go into the bios the hdd is set as 1# priority again)

7 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Little known fact that windows was created by a fellow of 500+IQ who decided that some files should be put on the other drives in the computer even if the user didn't select them.

TL;DR sometimes windows will install on the HDD and not on the SSD and never tell you

what can i do then?

1 minute ago, OakiDoki said:

what can i do then?

Reinstall windows without the HDD plugged in

When you're installing windows and it sees it's installed on another drive, it'll take the easy out and just use that installation and not tell you, was a problem for my cousin and his 3 drive gaming machine.

Just now, Jumballi said:

Reinstall windows without the HDD plugged in

When you're installing windows and it sees it's installed on another drive, it'll take the easy out and just use that installation and not tell you, was a problem for my cousin and his 3 drive gaming machine.

Can this also be the cause for the poor game performance? and where exactly do i uninstall windows? and lone last question is do i cause the pc damage from reinstalling and installing windows over and over again because i think ive reset my pc twice or three time when trying to lift this issue. Thank you so much for the help!

3 minutes ago, OakiDoki said:

Can this also be the cause for the poor game performance? and where exactly do i uninstall windows? and lone last question is do i cause the pc damage from reinstalling and installing windows over and over again because i think ive reset my pc twice or three time when trying to lift this issue. Thank you so much for the help!

Lemme tackle this in 3 parts

1. it's probably contributing a bit to lower performance, but I cannot say if it's the root cause. However, I personally believe that getting more personal with your system helps you understand what's wrong with it, so attempting to fix this is a great way to get even more comfortable with it.

2. You can delete data on a hard drive using a myriad of programs, I recommend AOMEI partition assistant. You can also wipe the drives when installing windows, but I recommend wiping the HDD with a 3rd party program. I recommend moving your important data to a 3rd unrelated drive while you format the current drives, since the drives you're wiping will lose this data.

3. Reinstalling windows is just time consuming, you only risk lowering the drive endurance when deleting and reinstalling anything, and this is a lot of data at once, but not so much that you're drive is actually at risk. You'd need to wipe and reinstall something a thousand times before you actually damage the SSD.

Remember to install windows updates and drivers first before installing games and your other drive, I hope you get this sorted out, but you should understand your pc better taking the long route here.

2 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Lemme tackle this in 3 parts

1. it's probably contributing a bit to lower performance, but I cannot say if it's the root cause. However, I personally believe that getting more personal with your system helps you understand what's wrong with it, so attempting to fix this is a great way to get even more comfortable with it.

2. You can delete data on a hard drive using a myriad of programs, I recommend AOMEI partition assistant. You can also wipe the drives when installing windows, but I recommend wiping the HDD with a 3rd party program. I recommend moving your important data to a 3rd unrelated drive while you format the current drives, since the drives you're wiping will lose this data.

3. Reinstalling windows is just time consuming, you only risk lowering the drive endurance when deleting and reinstalling anything, and this is a lot of data at once, but not so much that you're drive is actually at risk. You'd need to wipe and reinstall something a thousand times before you actually damage the SSD.

Remember to install windows updates and drivers first before installing games and your other drive, I hope you get this sorted out, but you should understand your pc better taking the long route here.

Ok thanks! ill look into it!