Is my camera good enough?

I wanted to learn more about photography, and know more about the "professional" modes and really properly shoot great photos.

Is the Canon EOS 4000D a good camera, does it have attachments that can help it become more... PRO?

I already own it, so give me your opinion and some advice.

5 minutes ago, GAME 55 said:

I wanted to learn more about photography, and know more about the "professional" modes and really properly shoot great photos.

Is the Canon EOS 4000D a good camera, does it have attachments that can help it become more... PRO?

It is a good camera for beginner photographers and it's user friendly for beginners to DSLRs.. If you want to learn more about shooting photographs and modes... Contact me on my PC(Personal Chat).

you can do a lot with that. it looks to be very similar to a t5.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

I learned this from going to a Model T car races last year.  The fellow i started to talk to with looked like a 2foot long telephoto scope, marry the lenses and date the camera.   Ive now bought 3 eos lenses and just have a cannon t6 rebel, still looking for a good deal and hopefully get lucky this year due to the Kaos

Yep, your 400D should be fine. Shoot raw and start experimenting with aperture priority, shutter priority, and manual modes so you can start honing your exposure.

It's not just a knowledge of the camera, though. Composition is the other huge thing. Just go out and shoot a lot. It comes with practice. When I was learning, I'd spend time browsing photo websites, looking at photos I liked, and thinking, "Wow, I'd like to try something like that" and then go out and give it a shot.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

1 hour ago, GAME 55 said:

PRO

I've shot, and made money with, near 20 year old dSLRs (Canon 10d)

It's not the gear, it's the user 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I've shot, and made money with, near 20 year old dSLRs (Canon 10d)

It's not the gear, it's the user 

I had a second-hand 10D back in the day. Shot with it for three years before getting a second-hand 5D.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2020 at 2:15 AM, GAME 55 said:

It can do quite a bit with the right user, so master its controls and shoot as much as you can.

As for gear to add, you'd learn about that as you encounter limitations. You'd realize the limits of the kit lens and the built-in flash down the line, for example.