ISO good PSU deal

OnionRings
Go to solution Solved by OnionRings,
33 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

no he TXM is a pretty good unit. 

slightly worse than the RM (2019) iirc. 

Ordered the TXM, appreciate all the help.

Just now, OnionRings said:

Yea its looking like I may have to pay over 100. Big sad. Bad time to upgrade. (oh and to clarify im upgrading my PSU cus im upgrading my CPU, mobo, ram, so I figured if i gotta rewire my rig why not get a new fully/semi mod PSU too)

Yeah, but you could also just use your PSU for now till things settle down a bit. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

3 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

https://www.newegg.com/evga-supernova-650-g5-220-g5-0650-x1-650w/p/N82E16817438163

Found one that is decent and in stock. On the B+ list but will be it is EVGA with a 10 year warranty. Checks a lot of boxes in my book. 

rather look at this from best buy

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6Y66Mp/corsair-rm-2019-750-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020195-na

even tho on low wattages its kinda noisy when swapping between powerstates. on the plus side it complies with ATX 2.52

1 minute ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Yeah, but you could also just use your PSU for now till things settle down a bit. 

Indeed but the thing is I wanna give my old parts to my sister so she has a decent rig. I'm carrying over my GPU, case, and storage, giving her the rest. If I keep my PSU, she won't have one.

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

But you cannot get it and on amazon you are being gouged. 224 bucks for a 750w? Hell no. 

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

rather look at this from best buy

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6Y66Mp/corsair-rm-2019-750-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020195-na

even tho on low wattages its kinda noisy when swapping between powerstates. on the plus side it complies with ATX 2.52

NV suggested the same one but http://prntscr.com/s0bgsq out of stock as well.

CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

4 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

https://www.newegg.com/evga-supernova-650-g5-220-g5-0650-x1-650w/p/N82E16817438163

Found one that is decent and in stock. On the B+ list but will be it is EVGA with a 10 year warranty. Checks a lot of boxes in my book. 

That's a pretty terrible price for that. ACRF, so similar to low/mid range PSUs like the Pure Power 10/11, GQ and old GD. Not something you'd want for a system that actually needs 650W, and certainly not what you should buy for $100. 

16 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

What is wrong with the FX series?

Other than the mediocre (at best) Hong Hua fan, the noise, the lacking protections, mediocre transient response, issues with shutting off with certain GPUs, and worse QC than bigger OEMs due to outsourcing? I guess that there are fewer custom cable options than BitFenix or Corsair. 

:)

I would just grab that evga. It is a good PSU and the fact it has a 10 year warranty through EVGA is a plus. They have amazing warranty service. You do need to register your product on their website though. 

2 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

That is true, but right now you really cannot be picky. Most of the PSUs are out of stock. So, recommeding one that is going to be good for the long term (even if it has some quirks) is the best we can do. Most people aren't loading their PSUs to the max either. 

i mean he linked the GX. and outside of the "eh" fan. that unit its a pretty good unit. 

that or the txm or Pure Power 11

3 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

Yea its looking like I may have to pay over 100. Big sad. Bad time to upgrade.

multiple units have been mentioned below 100$. its not like you need more than a 450 or 550w. 

that or wait for the Whisper M or Phanteks AMP to return to stock. 

1 minute ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

But you cannot get it and on amazon you are being gouged. 224 bucks for a 750w? Hell no. 

yeah noticed Best buy isnt good at properly listing stock.

2 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

I would just grab that evga. It is a good PSU and the fact it has a 10 year warranty through EVGA is a plus

TXM is a better pickup than it. so the tx550m or tx650m over the G5 any day

Just now, GoldenLag said:

That is fair. 

i mean he linked the GX. and outside of the "eh" fan. that unit its a pretty good unit. 

that or the txm or Pure Power 11

multiple units have been mentioned below 100$. its not like you need more than a 450 or 550w. 

that or wait for the Whisper M or Phanteks AMP to return to stock. 

yeah noticed Best buy isnt good at properly listing stock.

The GX you mentioned, that was that 750 semi from seasonic right? What does " EH " fan mean. Poor cooling? Noisy? both? Is it something that will hurt me and make me regret it later?

What is a TXM? I'm so out of touch on these abbrevs yo. I only ever owned 2 PSUs in my day. A shitty CX 430w and this seasonic 520w.

CPU

So yall recommend this? https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PVzZxr/corsair-txm-gold-650w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020132-na better priced than the others... only semi mod but isn't semi mod basically the same thing except the MUST have cables are already connected?

CPU

CPU

3 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

OH THOSE HOES AT B&H.... its out of stock too. 7-10 days.

Edit: Nvm, it just says more on the way, its in stock but can't be bought for 18 hours... some holiday or something? TF? 

CPU

18 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

What does " EH " fan mean. Poor cooling? Noisy? both?

its noisy. 

19 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

The GX you mentioned, that was that 750 semi from seasonic right?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3H2bt6/seasonic-focus-550-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-focus-gx-550

this one. 

20 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

What is a TXM? I'm so out of touch on these abbrevs yo. I only ever owned 2 PSUs in my day. A shitty CX 430w and this seasonic 520w.

its the corsair TX550m, or corsair TX650m. 

its just an abriaviation for the unit. 

9 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

focus would be the better unit, tho noise wise the TXM. 

14 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

only semi mod but isn't semi mod basically the same thing except the MUST have cables are already connected?

pretty much.

39 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

its noisy. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3H2bt6/seasonic-focus-550-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-focus-gx-550

this one. 

its the corsair TX550m, or corsair TX650m. 

its just an abriaviation for the unit. 

focus would be the better unit, tho noise wise the TXM. 

pretty much.

Ok so the GX is the better unit but the TXM is quiter. Now is the TXM xxxw the same as TXxxxM? I noticed 2 ways they seem to be titled.

CPU

2 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

Ok so the GX is the better unit but the TXM is quiter. Now is the TXM xxxw the same as TXxxxM? I noticed 2 ways they seem to be titled.

those are the same yes. TXM is just a whole lot shorter to write. 

1 minute ago, OnionRings said:

id probably grab the focus gx over it. while the TXM is likely to be less noisy, its not like PSUs are the most noisy unit in the system. 

those are the same yes. TXM is just a whole lot shorter to write. 

id probably grab the focus gx over it. while the TXM is likely to be less noisy, its not like PSUs are the most noisy unit in the system. 

Hmm... my only worry is that B&H are the only ones with the GX in stock, and it can't be bought until 9PM on thursday... my worry is if I don't jump on the TXM, it will go out of stock, and I might not be able to snag the GX in time too, then im SOL... 

CPU

CPU

2 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

Hmm... my only worry is that B&H are the only ones with the GX in stock, and it can't be bought until 9PM on thursday... my worry is if I don't jump on the TXM, it will go out of stock, and I might not be able to snag the GX in time too, then im SOL... 

well you might also be lucky enough to be able to wait for the Phanteks AMP, or the Bitfenix Whisper M. 

but in the end, that is up to you. 

oh btw, to make your life worse. the PP11 is more quiet than the TXM, but its more prone to whining

well you might also be lucky enough to be able to wait for the Phanteks AMP, or the Bitfenix Whisper M. 

but in the end, that is up to you. 

oh btw, to make your life worse. the PP11 is more quiet than the TXM, but its more prone to whining

I honestly don't care too much about noise, so I might just snag the TXM since its available now. I mean, its gold efficiency, can it really be that bad compared to the GX?

Edit: Plus, my rig is pretty loud already anyway. My RTX 2060 is almost always cranking at 60c and ive got my fan curve to match the fan speed to the temp, so that's 60% fan speed, which is mildly audible.

CPU

5 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

can it really be that bad compared to the GX?

33 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Ordered the TXM, appreciate all the help.

CPU