ISO good PSU deal

OnionRings
Go to solution Solved by OnionRings,
33 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

no he TXM is a pretty good unit. 

slightly worse than the RM (2019) iirc. 

Ordered the TXM, appreciate all the help.

Looking for a good deal on a 600-ish watt semi/fully mod PSU. Please and thank you!

Located in USA

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

Just now, GoldenLag said:

country?

Sorry, that would help! USA

CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

1 minute ago, NZgamer said:

Budget and country? (just noticed you posted that as I clicked submit)

No NECESSARY budget, however I feel like 120 for a fully mod gold is a bad price, am I wrong on that? Is that what they go for these days?

CPU

I would get a seasonic focus series. Some of the best power supplies out there. Though that is outside your price range. You do get a 10 year warranty and a very high quality PSU. Personally, I never skimp on a PSU and buy the best I can get. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

CPU

Just now, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

I would get a seasonic focus series. Some of the best power supplies out there. 

I wanted too, because I love seasonic and im currently using one myself... but they all seem to be out of stock.

CPU

CPU

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

2 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

That would do fine, but why not get a bit more so if you ever get a little nutty you are good? I usually spec mine at 750w even if my system won't need it it. Been many times I thanked myself for it. 

Note I am still using an X760w PSU from 2013. 

1 minute ago, OnionRings said:

The first 3 are non mods, the gamdias seems ok, but im not familiar with the brand and it has no reviews, is it safe?

its a decent unit. 

The be quiet semi seems " OK " priced... still a little high, but its got 2 good ratings, gold, semi, and 600w so it might be a good pick.

pricing is wack atm. can allways wait for the Bitfenix Whisper M to return to stock. 

that, or the Phanteks AMP. 

3 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

I would get a seasonic focus series

its a decent unit, but id avoid the focus fx. the focus gx is good with the exception of its "eh" fan. 

its a decent unit. 

pricing is wack atm. can allways wait for the Bitfenix Whisper M to return to stock. 

that, or the Phanteks AMP. 

its a decent unit, but id avoid the focus fx. the focus gx is good with the exception of its "eh" fan. 

What is wrong with the FX series?

1 minute ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Way overkill but it is a seasonic PSU. 

avoid high wattage seasonic units due to the lack of multirail on their models. 

and for the money you are better of getting more quiet units. 

I usually spec mine at 750w even if my system won't need it it. Been many times I thanked myself for it

you have run into the situation of having to load up 2 GPUs fully?

I'd also like to know. I don't want to be rude golden but you haven't posted much proof or anything yet. You just said the GAMDIAS is a " good unit " with no evidence, and said to avoid the focus fx, why?

CPU

avoid high wattage seasonic units due to the lack of multirail on their models. 

and for the money you are better of getting more quiet units. 

you have run into the situation of having to load up 2 GPUs fully?

Yes I have. Use to run 2 GTX 970s, after that I was testing some GPUs for a friend, two GTX 1080 Ti hybrids. 

Single rail isn't a bad thing unless it is on a 1000w system because of OCP and whatnot. 

1 minute ago, NZgamer said:

It says they're in stock for the same price at best buy

OOF I saw what you meant and got excited, then got this https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-rm-series-750w-atx12v-2-52-eps12v-2-92-80-plus-gold-modular-power-supply-black/6356248.p?acampID=633495&cmp=RMX&loc=y46xL4y-ExyORXjxU-SAVSQkUkix8UVVRTjOy40&ref=198&refdomain=pcpartpicker.com&skuId=6356248 rip out of stock.

WHO BE OUT HERE BUYING UP ALL THE 750w PSUs?!

CPU

I'd also like to know. I don't want to be rude golden but you haven't posted much proof or anything yet. You just said the GAMDIAS is a " good unit " with no evidence, and said to avoid the focus fx, why?

I agree here. I am not sure why he is saying they are bad. 

It is Covid causing the issues. 

first revision suffers from trigger protections due to transients. 

second revision sorta fixes that, but allows the PSU to run way higher than it was indended to do. 

there were some other things aswell, tho i cant recall those. 

Just now, OnionRings said:

said to avoid the focus fx, why?

these reasons. 

focus gx fixes these issues. 

2 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

You just said the GAMDIAS is a " good unit " with no evidence,

can allways reffer to the PSU tierlist. couldnt find the review of the unit myself atm. 

3 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

I don't want to be rude golden but you haven't posted much proof or anything yet

neither has anyone else.

2 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

I agree here. I am not sure why he is saying they are bad. 

where have i said that they are bad?

2 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

It is Covid causing the issues. 

Yea I figured, aren't like 95% of PSUs manufactured in china?

CPU

https://www.newegg.com/evga-supernova-650-g5-220-g5-0650-x1-650w/p/N82E16817438163

Found one that is decent and in stock. On the B+ list but will be it is EVGA with a 10 year warranty. Checks a lot of boxes in my book. 

5 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Yes I have. Use to run 2 GTX 970s, after that I was testing some GPUs for a friend, two GTX 1080 Ti hybrids. 

fair enough, that is a usefull scenario to have some extra wattage, not that you run into it a lot. 

6 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Single rail isn't a bad thing unless it is on a 1000w system because of OCP and whatnot. 

well, more like ~750-850w is where id look at getting a multirail unit. its an extra protection that is rather usefull when you are actually running such powerhungry systems

https://www.newegg.com/evga-supernova-650-g5-220-g5-0650-x1-650w/p/N82E16817438163

Found one that is decent and in stock. On the B+ list but will be it is EVGA with a 10 year warranty. Checks a lot of boxes in my book. 

Yea its looking like I may have to pay over 100. Big sad. Bad time to upgrade. (oh and to clarify im upgrading my PSU cus im upgrading my CPU, mobo, ram, so I figured if i gotta rewire my rig why not get a new fully/semi mod PSU too)

CPU

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

fair enough, that is a usefull scenario to have some extra wattage, not that you run into it a lot. 

well, more like ~750-850w is where id look at getting a multirail unit. its an extra protection that is rather usefull when you are actually running such powerhungry systems

That is true, but right now you really cannot be picky. Most of the PSUs are out of stock. So, recommeding one that is going to be good for the long term (even if it has some quirks) is the best we can do. Most people aren't loading their PSUs to the max either.