[First Build] Help Choosing Parts

After living with an awful potato laptop for several years, I've decided it's time to upgrade to a real pc.

Budget/Location
I've got a budget on the lower end of $1000 USD. (Not including peripherals or monitors)
This is mostly a gaming pc, but I do some other intensive tasks from time to time. (though not enough to favor some parts over others. Just some occasional editing of videos)
My main focus for upgrading is getting something with more than 8 gb of ram (I hit that limit almost constantly on my current laptop. I play ram-heavy modded games) and something with an actual graphics card other than the integrated one. Not to mention I utilize 100% of cpu quite often.
I plan on this being a VR capable machine, though the actual PC is a more immediate priority.

Monitors
I currently have pretty decent 1 monitor, but plan on buying 2 new ones (replacing the old 1, just so the two will match). I don't mind normal HD resolution, but would prefer the maximum number frames possible (within a reasonable budget) after living with ~10 fps in games for several years. (not an exaggeration. That's my average in Minecraft.) I don't like the idea of curved/ultra wide monitors (my desk wouldn't even fit the latter). Some suggestions would monitors would be nice. (Unknown budget. Try to stay below $500 USD, I guess. I'm not even really sure how expensive monitors are.) While I could see myself getting a third, I do not plan on getting it any time in the near future.

Peripherals

I don't need suggestions for mice or keyboards, but headphones would be nice. (Not headsets. I eventually plan on buying a stand mic.) I can't seem to find ones that fit my specifications which aren't $200+ but I also don't know the market that well.
My ideal headphones are circumaural (around the ears. NOT on. NOT inside), wired (I just enjoy wired things more. They literally just feel better, though I don't mind if it's wireless), closed design, and noise cancelling (This one probably drastically reduces my options, but I also don't need this feature.)

Why am I upgrading?

My games don't run that well, and I'm having an overall pretty bad experience. I could really use more ram and an existent better gpu.

Current List/Rationale For parts
As a note, I've essentially copied the parts list from Linus's recent video on a value gaming rig, with a few upgrades. (Notably, the ram, gpu, and ssd)
If you would suggest I do something else with an extra $200 budget, please do so.
Video link:

Spoiler

Part List: (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/L6x2YH)
Rationale:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x

• I thought is was a pretty good cpu for its value, even before I watched the video

Motherboard: ASRock B450 Pro4 ATX AM4

• I don't know really anything I should be looking for in a motherboard, other than for it to be compatible with the cpu, case, etc.
  • Just copied from the video

GPU: GeForce RTX 2060

• While it is the same model? brand? gpu in the video, the one they used only had 1 display port, while I would like to have 2. I don't know enough about the differences between the different manufacturers' versions, so a suggestion here would be nice.
  • The one in my parts list is just the one with the most ratings on pcpartpicker.

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200

• Upgraded from 8 GB in the video to 16 GB. Otherwise, semi-blind copy/paste to my rig. In the video, linus mentions "we didn't grab the AMD specific ones." I hadn't ever realized there were cpu-specific ones. Should I grab those instead? (link to them would be handy.)

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME ssd

• I only really 1 tb of storage (currently using 212 gb on my laptops 256 gb storage. Yes, I know I should delete some stuff), and I figured that I should consolidate the storage into a single ssd.
  • I don't know why one manufacturer's sdd would be better than another's (other than form factor and capacity), so if I could get other suggestions that would be helpful.

PSU: EVGA GD 500w 80+ Gold

• Blind copy/paste. I have no clue what to search for in power supplies.

Case: Deepcool Matrexx 55 Mid Tower Case add rgb, 3 fans

• Copy/paste from the video. I also have no clue what to search for in a case. I don't need rgb, but what rig isn't complete without it? ;) (Technically, the video linked the matrexx 50, and the box in the video seems to indicate a fanless version. This is probably the closest one actually used in the video.)
  • Otherwise, I like the aesthetics.

Monitors: Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz

• Very tentative, very likely to be replaced. They are too expensive ($600 each. I set them to $0 in pcpartpicker to not factor their price in the total), and if I got those, would probably end up buying them used.
  • I already mentioned I would prefer the most frames I could get, and don't mind not having 4K

As a note for the part list: if it's not on that list, I'm not buying it. (Literally. What you see is what I'm buying.) So if I'm missing a part or tool, do tell me before I realize it's too late. (I do have a screwdriver, though)

better parts:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($174.99 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Flare X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($68.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card  ($397.99 @ Walmart) 
Case: Cougar MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.94 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: GAMDIAS KRATOS P1 G 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($77.99 @ Best Buy) 
Monitor: Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor  ($0.00) 
Monitor: Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor  ($0.00) 
Mouse: Logitech G403 HERO 16K Wired Optical Mouse  ($49.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $1042.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-16 00:25 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

18 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card  ($397.99 @ Walmart) 

This is probably just my "oh no I'm ignorant about pc parts" talking, but for some reason I have the faintest notion that amd gpus are for some reason worse than nvidia ones for gaming (compatibility wise). It's most likely untrue, but could you elaborate on your decision?

1 hour ago, Bedrockbreaker said:

This is probably just my "oh no I'm ignorant about pc parts" talking, but for some reason I have the faintest notion that amd gpus are for some reason worse than nvidia ones for gaming (compatibility wise). It's most likely untrue, but could you elaborate on your decision?

it performs better than the 2060S at the same price.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

21 hours ago, Bedrockbreaker said:

.amd drivers suck but 5700xt is AMD’s top of the line gpu no compatibility problems