HP 8560w workstation laptop ,Gpu possible upgrade?

Nevil24

Hello guys ,  I wonderd if I can ask you .. I have a HP 8560w workstation with a  I7 2630QM processor ,16 gb ram and a quadro 1000m gpu and  my question is : Can i upgrade my GPU  maybe like a GTX 965m or some other  gpu that are compatible for  my laptop  ( maybe for some new games and some rendering if it could ) . It would be  great if you help me for this question and to discus wich of them  is the best in performance and price of course , Thanks and Take care ! :)

18 minutes ago, Nevil24 said:

Hello guys ,  I wonderd if I can ask you .. I have a HP 8560w workstation with a  I7 2630QM processor ,16 gb ram and a quadro 1000m gpu and  my question is : Can i upgrade my GPU  maybe like a GTX 965m or some other  gpu that are compatible for  my laptop  ( maybe for some new games and some rendering if it could ) . It would be  great if you help me for this question and to discus wich of them  is the best in performance and price of course , Thanks and Take care ! :)

Well, That totally depends on the compatibility factor of your motherboard. If you can give some details about the motherboard, We may be able to help you more. You've asked for like a GTX 965 m and it's a big upgrade compared to the quadro card you already have and it(GTX 965 m) uses GDDR5 memory and your quadro uses DDR3 memory. So probably look for graphics card that uses DDR3 memory cause I don't think GDDR5 can be handled by the workstation.

3 hours ago, Benji said:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03424153

This is the service manual. Page 20 lists all the components and shows their part numbers. The EliteBook 8560W only supports the Quadro 1000M (part number 652673-001), Quadro 2000M (part number 652674-001) and the Radeon FirePro M9590 (part number 652676-001). Should you so desire, you could also upgrade the CPU to an Intel Core i7-2860QM, although it might not work as there apparently are two versions of the motherboard, one for dual-core CPUs and one for quad-core CPUs.

Why did you open this exact thread in two subforums? There is also one in the Prebuilt section.

i have a quad core cpu i7 2630QM

4 hours ago, vidyasager162 said:

Well, That totally depends on the compatibility factor of your motherboard. If you can give some details about the motherboard, We may be able to help you more. You've asked for like a GTX 965 m and it's a big upgrade compared to the quadro card you already have and it(GTX 965 m) uses GDDR5 memory and your quadro uses DDR3 memory. So probably look for graphics card that uses DDR3 memory cause I don't think GDDR5 can be handled by the workstation.

What details do you want more from the motherboard ? So i can check and tell you , I think it can because that RAdeon FirePro M9590 that is compatible thi my laptop is GDDR5 olso  .

Just now, Benji said:

Ah, okay. So a 2860, should you want it, would work.

i think that the CPU is ok it's fast and can' handle  good , but the GPU is that one that i think needs a upgrade