Startup Failure on Lenovo Laptop

Go to solution Solved by RussianSalad,

I'd start by telling him to unplug it from the charger and remove the battery (if possible) to discharge all the capacitors in the board. Idk why but my Thinkpad E440 wasn't posting one day and doing this fixed it.

So, my grandfather's laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 1470. He says when he tries to start it up, the keyboard lights flicker, then the whole thing turns off. He's never had any problems with it in the past. It's frustrating because I can't get my hands on the laptop due to quarantine, and I can only communicate with him through texting.

He does leave it on the charger all the time, so it very well could be a battery health issue. There's no cables other than the charger plugged in that could be interfering with the startup process.

I'd start by telling him to unplug it from the charger and remove the battery (if possible) to discharge all the capacitors in the board. Idk why but my Thinkpad E440 wasn't posting one day and doing this fixed it.

Main system: Ryzen 5 1600 | ASRock A320M | 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM | GTX 1060 | 1TB WD BLUE

Server: AMD A6-7400K@4.3Ghz | 8GB 1866 DDR3 RAM | 2TB total storage

On the go: Thinkpad E440 | i5 4200M | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | 500GB HDD