Best 144hz 1440/1080p TN/IPS 1ms 27" (or 24" if better deal) under £350

OllieGE

Hello, after making various threads, I have narrowed it down to the specs I want for a monitor.
(I play a decent amount of CSGO and rust, I also am going to play games like dying light 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 when they release)
Ghosting is really my main concern hence why I didn't want a VA.
I would like to know what is currently the best on the market for my budget and spec, so I can compare it with my current choices.
Thanks for all the help :)

“Best” is a traditionally useless word.   It is occasionally but only very rarely even vaguely useful.

Looking at the game requirements they totally run the gamut.  Could be translated as “I want to play high fps competitive shooters AND triple  A rpgs” which of course have opposite requirements for monitors.  One is high fps low latency low color, and the other is the opposite.  So “do everything simultaneously” monitor.  Also for bottom end pricing.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

39 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

“Best” is a traditionally useless word.   It is occasionally but only very rarely even vaguely useful.

Looking at the game requirements they totally run the gamut.  Could be translated as “I want to play high fps competitive shooters AND triple  A rpgs” which of course have opposite requirements for monitors.  One is high fps low latency low color, and the other is the opposite.  So “do everything simultaneously” monitor.  Also for bottom end pricing.

Don't necessarily need a "do everything monitor", just something with minimal ghosting thats 1440p or 1080p. I used the term best very loosely, I intended to use it as most worth value for money wise. 

1 hour ago, OllieGE said:

Hello, after making various threads, I have narrowed it down to the specs I want for a monitor.
(I play a decent amount of CSGO and rust, I also am going to play games like dying light 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 when they release)
Ghosting is really my main concern hence why I didn't want a VA.
I would like to know what is currently the best on the market for my budget and spec, so I can compare it with my current choices.
Thanks for all the help :)

https://www.ebuyer.com/868288-asus-vg278qr-27-165hz-0-5ms-esport-gaming-monitor-vg278qr?wgu=267255_206719_15866347852321_b241f2e568&wgexpiry=1594410785&utm_source=webgains&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=97907&utm_campaign=PCPartPicker, LLC_206719 

or 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-VG270UPbmiipx-FreeSync-ZeroFrame-Speakers/dp/B07G9J35CQ 

I have the Acer monitor below, the stand is not great but I use a monitor arm otherwise have been happy with it, the colours and viewing angles are far better then the 24" TN panel I came from. I wouldn't go for a 27" at 1080p as the pixel density is too low and is quiet obvious. I got mine from PCworld however the price has jumped up recently it normally goes for about £280-£290. 

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/acer/1409596/acer-nitro-vg270up-review review details how the 1ms is obtained with the IPS panel.  

4 minutes ago, black_sallet said:

I have the Acer monitor below, the stand is not great but I use a monitor arm otherwise have been happy with it, the colours and viewing angles are far better then the 24" TN panel I came from. I wouldn't go for a 27" at 1080p as the pixel density is too low and is quiet obvious. I got mine from PCworld however the price has jumped up recently it normally goes for about £280-£290. 

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/acer/1409596/acer-nitro-vg270up-review review details how the 1ms is obtained with the IPS panel.  

Thank you for the fast response. My one concern is ghosting, so am I likely to notice motion blur and/or ghosting when playing on the Acer? Admittedly I currently play on a 32" 1080p TV at 60hz so anything is an improvement.

53 minutes ago, OllieGE said:

Don't necessarily need a "do everything monitor", just something with minimal ghosting thats 1440p or 1080p. I used the term best very loosely, I intended to use it as most worth value for money wise. 

Exactly.  worth value money wise.  

If you don’t like ghosting avoiding variable backlight panels would be one.  It’s unlikely to be a problem at your price point though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I haven't really noticed any for my monitor, this video review is what i looked at prior to purchasing the monitor and its been fine for TF2 and racing games and i've not noticed any ghosting when scrolling around strategy game maps like Total War mostly I've noticed the increased smoothness and the additional work space provided by the 1440p res.

19 minutes ago, black_sallet said:

I haven't really noticed any for my monitor, this video review is what i looked at prior to purchasing the monitor and its been fine for TF2 and racing games and i've not noticed any ghosting when scrolling around strategy game maps like Total War mostly I've noticed the increased smoothness and the additional work space provided by the 1440p res.

Do you have an AOU or innolux panel variant?

Cheers :)

35 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Exactly.  worth value money wise.  

If you don’t like ghosting avoiding variable backlight panels would be one.  It’s unlikely to be a problem at your price point though.

If it’s not too much hassle are you able to recommend any monitors(any monitor as long as it’s 144hz whether it’s 24” or 27” is up to you) Thanks

7 minutes ago, OllieGE said:

Do you have an AOU or innolux panel variant?

Cheers :)

Probably an Innolux panel as it was manufactured in November last year 

7 minutes ago, black_sallet said:

Probably an Innolux panel as it was manufactured in November last year 

Ah okay, if you don’t mind me asking, do you play any games fairly competitively like CSGO or Rainbow six?

13 hours ago, OllieGE said:

If it’s not too much hassle are you able to recommend any monitors(any monitor as long as it’s 144hz whether it’s 24” or 27” is up to you) Thanks

I can’t specifically I’m afraid.  All I got is general info.  Monitor models change fast and wildly and I haven’t bought a new one in some time.