Dual system pc using workstation to stream?

Hey guys, before I start I'm just going to say sorry for any bad grammar etc, again I'm posting at around midnight, as well as to any mods who think this post is in the wrong place, instead of deleting it coul d you please just move it to where you think it should be, thanks :)
Ok, I'm relatively new to pc building and I am planning to build a 2 system pc, a gaming one with a i9 9900ks and a rtx 2080ti and a work pc with a ryzen 3990x threadripper or similar with either a quadro or titan gpu.
I'm wondering if it is possible for me, using a capture card or OBS's software, to have the workstation stream the video to youtube or twitch, using the better multi-threaded cpu to take care of it, freeing up my gaming system to give me as many frames as possible. I am also planning to have both pc's save files to the same storage system, and have the same keyboard, mouse, monitor etc. and me being able to switch between pc's with a macro, so I can use them sort of as one machine.
Is this possible and/or recommendable and does anyone have some advise to give? Any would be greatly appreciated.

It is possible but it will be more hassle than its worth.

You can use the NVENC on your 2080ti to stream the gameplay with basically no performance penalty and still get a nice streaming quality.

Yes, you would get a better quality with the CPU x264 encoder on the TR system but it won't be that big of a difference since the biggest limitation with streaming is the bitrate.

7 minutes ago, WereCat said:

It is possible but it will be more hassle than its worth.

You can use the NVENC on your 2080ti to stream the gameplay with basically no performance penalty and still get a nice streaming quality

Hmm, I'd still be getting the tr system because of work, so I was hoping that I could get some use out of it while gaming, as you said about it being a hassle, I think could cope with that and learn something new. I would also rather use obs to stream, because of all the extra features including but not limited to luts/overlays, transitions etc. Would you say considering this that it would be worth it with ease of access switching between pc's, and slight streaming performance increases in higher demanding games?

3 minutes ago, Max_s said:

Hmm, I'd still be getting the tr system because of work, so I was hoping that I could get some use out of it while gaming, as you said about it being a hassle, I think could cope with that and learn something new. I would also rather use obs to stream, because of all the extra features including but not limited to luts/overlays, transitions etc. Would you say considering this that it would be worth it with ease of access switching between pc's, and slight streaming performance increases in higher demanding games?

You can use the NVIDIA NVENC with OBS (in case you misunderstood me and thought that I mean Shadowplay).

The hassle with dual PC streaming is:

1.) You need a capture card

2.) Audio splitting and sync may be an issue depending on your audio setup

3.) Capture card may cause issues if you use FreeSync/G-Sync while playing in Windowed or Borderless mode (but so can a secondary monitor that runs on a lower Hz).

But yes, you can get a slightly higher video quality if you use the Threadripper but as I said, it won't be a lot better because you are limited by the max bitrate you can use depending on what platform you stream to. For that reason alone you will get a lot worse 1080p60 quality on Twitch than on Mixer for example.

If you want to try it, sure go a head. I just don't think its worth it at all.

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

If you want to try it, sure go a head. I just don't think its worth it at all.

Oh ok, thanks a lot for you help :)

but would sharing storage and peripherals as well as switching between pcs be easy/recommendable including while running both?