Games lagging AF and im not sure why

lka

I have thos HUGE problem with a new PC.

Basically i play something at smooth fps and than all of a sudden everything starts lagging AF and i mean everything,my discord start lagging and game falls to really low fps like below 20 and it stays like that for about 5-10 minutes tops and everything returns to normal.

It happens randomly,sometimes after 15 minutes of playing and sometimes after couple hours.

I happend yesterday that i was watching a movie and it started lagging,even the sound.

I have no clue what is the cause of this when nothing is thermal throttling or working at 100%,my only guess is my 4gb of ram on windows 10 so games use a lot and it lags,but why in movies tho?

PC specs:

AMD Radeon RX XFX 570 8GB

AMD Ryzen 3 1300X

4GB ram 2666Mhz

WD Blue 500GB HDD

Windows 10 PRO 64-bit

If anyone can help please do it cause i got this PC and was so hyped but now its bummer.

Heyy ❤️

I'm not really sure, I do know that you should get another 4GB RAM because the 570 doesn't work too well with anything lower than 8GB.

It really must suck, good luck with that ;(

15 minutes ago, lka said:

I have thos HUGE problem with a new PC.

Basically i play something at smooth fps and than all of a sudden everything starts lagging AF and i mean everything,my discord start lagging and game falls to really low fps like below 20 and it stays like that for about 5-10 minutes tops and everything returns to normal.

It happens randomly,sometimes after 15 minutes of playing and sometimes after couple hours.

I happend yesterday that i was watching a movie and it started lagging,even the sound.

I have no clue what is the cause of this when nothing is thermal throttling or working at 100%,my only guess is my 4gb of ram on windows 10 so games use a lot and it lags,but why in movies tho?

PC specs:

AMD Radeon RX XFX 570 8GB

AMD Ryzen 3 1300X

4GB ram 2666Mhz

WD Blue 500GB HDD

Windows 10 PRO 64-bit

If anyone can help please do it cause i got this PC and was so hyped but now its bummer.

You only have 4gb of ram. That's barely enough for windows 10. Replace that with a 16gb kit and you are set.

11 minutes ago, ooof.u said:

Heyy ❤️

I'm not really sure, I do know that you should get another 4GB RAM because the 570 doesn't work too well with anything lower than 8GB.

Yea,im getting another 4GB stick in a week but just wanted to know if it's because of ram and if it will work with 8GB.

Thank you sooo much btw.

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You only have 4gb of ram. That's barely enough for windows 10. Replace that with a 16gb kit and you are set.

Im getting 4GB stick in a week and hope it will work fine with 8GB.

But thank you never the less.

1 minute ago, lka said:

Yea,im getting another 4GB stick in a week but just wanted to know if it's because of ram and if it will work with 8GB.

Thank you sooo much btw.

Most probably, yes it is, I can't be 100% sure though

I don't know if you are on a really small budget or not, but maybe you should consider a 8GB RAM stick, it's around 35$ and I think that would solve the problem. If you really can't buy the 8GB one, you should atleast buy the 4GB one and in the future buy another one (if your motherboard has more than 2 RAM slots)

3 minutes ago, ooof.u said:

I don't know if you are on a really small budget or not, but maybe you should consider a 8GB RAM stick, it's around 35$ and I think that would solve the problem. If you really can't buy the 8GB one, you should atleast buy the 4GB one and in the future buy another one (if your motherboard has more than 2 RAM slots)

I would go for pairs as well ryzen especially ryzen first gen needs dual channel. So either a identical 4gb 2666mhz stick (same model if possible) or just go big with the 16gb 2x8 kit.

3 minutes ago, ooof.u said:

I will buy another 4GB one cause my motherboard is dual channel,and while we are at that im running 4GB single channel. Big oof

Just now, jaslion said:

I would go for pairs as well ryzen especially ryzen first gen needs dual channel. So either a identical 4gb 2666mhz stick (same model if possible) or just go big with the 16gb 2x8 kit.

Im buying another 4GB for 8GB dual channel.

Thank you anyway.

Just now, lka said:

Im buying another 4GB for 8GB dual channel.

Thank you anyway.

Same model ofc.

Just now, lka said:

I will buy another 4GB one cause my motherboard is dual channel,and while we are at that im running 4GB single channel. Big oof

unless that 4GB one you are going to buy does the job, you should consider to give that bad boy an upgrade and get 2x8GB RAM sticks

1 minute ago, ooof.u said:

unless that 4GB one you are going to buy does the job, you should consider to give that bad boy an upgrade and get 2x8GB RAM sticks

I guess we will see.

Thank you again.

On 4/11/2020 at 11:47 PM, ooof.u said:

Heyy ❤️

Hi again,sorry for bothering u but i forgot to say that I was watching a movie and pc started lagging and i launched task manager and memory was working on only 60%,shouldn't it be running on 100% if its lagging because of that?

1 minute ago, lka said:

Hi again,sorry for bothering u but i forgot to say that I was watching a movie and pc started lagging and i launched task manager and memory was working on only 60%,shouldn't it be running on 100% if its lagging because of that?

By the way, we didn't clear this up. What's this "lagging"? Does the computer become unresponsive and takes time to act or is it literally lagging?

By the way, we didn't clear this up. What's this "lagging"? Does the computer become unresponsive and takes time to act or is it literally lagging.

The whole computer starts "lagging",its responsive but lagging sooo much,even the mouse lags.But funny thing is my fps stays the same like 80fps (i have fps counter turned on)but everything is working in like 10 basically.

2 minutes ago, lka said:

The whole computer starts "lagging",its responsive but lagging sooo much,even the mouse lags.But funny thing is my fps stays the same like 80fps (i have fps counter turned on)but everything is working in like 10 basically.

oh that's not the memory then, even if you had no memory, the whole computer wouldn't just lag.

Have you made sure it's not a virus? Try to run an antivirus check with malwarebytes or something like that

In a extreme case, you can try to format your computer, if it's still laggy, It's probably the CPU

oh that's not the memory then, even if you had no memory, the whole computer wouldn't just lag.

Have you made sure it's not a virus? Try to run an antivirus check with malwarebytes or something like that

In a extreme case, you can try to format your computer, if it's still laggy, It's probably the CPU

I thought that too,but compiter is brand new,formated disk and installed windows like 3 weeks ago.But it was lagging on the first day.

Maybe reinstall windows but do 7 instead of 10 this time and see if it gets any better?

1 minute ago, lka said:

I thought that too,but compiter is brand new,formated disk and installed windows like 3 weeks ago.But it was lagging on the first day.

Maybe reinstall windows but do 7 instead of 10 this time and see if it gets any better?

I mean, you don't have anything to lose so why not haha

Yeah, you can try to install 7, if it gets better upgrade to 10 again and see if it fixes the problem. If it still lags on 10, keep windows 7 (even though it's really outdated and doesn't receive anymore support)

I mean, you don't have anything to lose so why not haha

Yeah, you can try to install 7, if it gets better upgrade to 10 again and see if it fixes the problem. If it still lags on 10, keep windows 7 (even though it's really outdated and doesn't receive anymore support)

I mean its the only thing i can think of cause 10 is 4GB ram minimum to even run on its own,but i will see when i get more ram and if it still lags then ill instal 7 and if it still lags i dont have any ides.CPU is always problem when everythin lags but its new and it struggles with watcinh a movie?

Doesn't make sense.

Thank you so so much again for take the time to write.

2 minutes ago, lka said:

I mean its the only thing i can think of cause 10 is 4GB ram minimum to even run on its own,but i will see when i get more ram and if it still lags then ill instal 7 and if it still lags i dont have any ides.CPU is always problem when everythin lags but its new and it struggles with watcinh a movie?

Doesn't make sense.

Thank you so so much again for take the time to write.

Yeah, it's really weird. That CPU is a beast for the price and should be running games and movies and whatever you want to smoothly.

If the problem persists, you should go where you bought your pc or the components to talk about it.

Anyways, good luck once again and feel free to ask me anything at any day of the week and I'll be happy to help! 😃