Non-Existant Optane stopping me from Hackintoshing?

Hello,

I have been trying to hackintosh my Acer Aspire 7 since I got it, when I first got the laptop I opened it up and added another m.2 SSD and 2tb hard drive. Note the fact that physically there is no optane present in the laptop. After I booted it up for the first time I noticed that the Intel utility was still installed and when I opened it, it said that there was none present. OK, I thought, I was good to go, I started to change the bios setting when I noticed that the boot option was set to RST Premium, I thought that it was unnecessary so I disabled it because the installer would not boot with it. The SSD didn't show up in the installer and I just thought that I should enable it to see. It stopped the installer from even booting. When I booted back into windows I double checked and it still said that no optane is present. I thought of uninstalling the utility but nothing happened, what should I do now? I have run out of options. Thanks in advance.

Which installer are you using? Your boot option (are you talking about boot order here?) will have to be the USB that you are booting from.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

2 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

Which installer are you using? Your boot option (are you talking about boot order here?) will have to be the USB that you are booting from.

What do you mean by installer? Vanilla Catalina maybe? And yes I did have the boot order set correctly

And the Acer Aspire is compatible with the Optane?
Acer has a hand of using their own made motherboards and not complying to much with standards and putting in just enough to work.
I do not know for this model.
(I have an what older Acer notebook in which i cannot increase RAM cus theres only 1 type thats compatible and they are not sold anymore. So thats where my question comes from)/

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

4 minutes ago, Fadednova said:

What do you mean by installer? Vanilla Catalina maybe? And yes I did have the boot order set correctly

Clover or OpenCore? As for the drive - is it a NVMe SSD or SATA? Is it set to correct mode (NVMe or AHCI)?

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

2 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

Clover or OpenCore? As for the drive - is it a NVMe SSD or SATA? Is it set to correct mode (NVMe or AHCI)?

Clover, It is an NVMe however I am not fully sure and I can not change it

5 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

And the Acer Aspire is compatible with the Optane?
Acer has a hand of using their own made motherboards and not complying to much with standards and putting in just enough to work.
I do not know for this model.
(I have an what older Acer notebook in which i cannot increase RAM cus theres only 1 type thats compatible and they are not sold anymore. So thats where my question comes from)/

It is compatible but it does not have any sort of it in it at all.

5 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

It was set to AHCi but it would not show the drives, when I changed to the mode that windows can boot in it just crashed when the installer does something with the drives.