204 CINEBENCH SCORE ON i7-7700hq????

My i7-7700hq scored a WHOPPING 204 on Cinebench. Guys, should I just throw the laptop, ASUS GL 502vm, away or what? The temps were from 87-91 degrees the whole time 

Cinebench.png

1 minute ago, Farishta Jayas said:

My i7-7700hq scored a WHOPPING 204 on Cinebench. Guys, should I just throw the laptop, ASUS GL 502vm, away or what? The temps were from 87-91 degrees the whole time 

Cinebench.png

Look at clockspeeds during this. There may also be something else in the background using the cpu. That laptop is by no means a bad laptop. Have you ever cleaned it from dust? I'm using a 6700hq and 970m combo and yours is plain better and my cpu scores around the 1600s. So I am thinking this is either a thermal or software issue here.

I just looked at another post by you whilst finding this post again and well it's thermal throttling super hard basically. I advice you clean it out from dust and order some new thermal paste as amazon and the like still works for now.

I don't think that this is a solution to his problem

7 minutes ago, Nine Tailed Fox said:

*snip*

12 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Look at clockspeeds during this. There may also be something else in the background using the cpu. That laptop is by no means a bad laptop. Have you ever cleaned it from dust? I'm using a 6700hq and 970m combo and yours is plain better and my cpu scores around the 1600s. So I am thinking this is either a thermal or software issue here.

I tried, cleaning the laptop. But, yes,  I will try to doing a re paste as soon as possible. 

Open the laptop, dust it and replace the thermal paste. That should fix the issue. My asus laptop with an i7 7700HQ still does ok in those tests, so I don't really know what might cause yours to do that.

3 minutes ago, Farishta Jayas said:

Is there any way to know if I have a faulty CPU or a GPU?

I'd first fix the obvious issue that is bad temps and then diagnose for anything else. Also small tip on a lot do use enough thermal paste as it doesn't get spread out as much due to the cpu and gpu not having an ihs but direct contact. So don't be afraid to use more than a grain of rice and maybe use 2.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I'd first fix the obvious issue that is bad temps and then diagnose for anything else. Also small tip on a lot do use enough thermal paste as it doesn't get spread out as much due to the cpu and gpu not having an ihs but direct contact. So don't be afraid to use more than a grain of rice and maybe use 2.

Thank you very much. I will get to it right away!