PCI-e x1 extender, that fits under the GPU ?

Stig2610

i wasnt carefull enough when i ordered my new graphics card, and it block all my other available PCI-e slots :(

the card is a 2.7 slot gpu, so it takes up 2 slots, and the fan using a little more than half the space of the third slot. 

does any of you know of a pci-e extender that can fit under a gpu fan? 

i will be using it for a wifi card, i hope i can find a solution, my other options is to just get a x16 pcie extender, or removing one of my nvme drives from my system. neither is preferable, as i don't really see any other place for the gpu in my case where it would actually get any airflow for the fans, and cutting one of the nvme drives isn't optimal for obvious reasons. 

i hope someone know of where to get just the cable or riser that i need. preferably someone who ships to denmark. 

35 minutes ago, Stig2610 said:

i hope someone know of where to get just the cable or riser that i need. preferably someone who ships to denmark

I’ve found something like this 

OcyOryf.jpg

But I’m not entirely sure if it fits under the card. Look through UK ebay, there’s plenty of them and most likely they ship to Denmark

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

15 hours ago, Sophia_Borjia said:

Thanks for the answer, this might be a solution that i would have to take if i dont find anything better. i think it would be hard thoug as it would require some custom cuts on my case, since this would make the wificard sit in the opposite direction of the pcie cutout. but thank you i apreciate the time you took looking for this and send it to me. this is property a way i could make it work, thoug im hoping to find a more elegant solution. 

15 hours ago, Whiro said:

I’ve found something like this 

OcyOryf.jpg

But I’m not entirely sure if it fits under the card. Look through UK ebay, there’s plenty of them and most likely they ship to Denmark

Yes i looked at something similar on the german amazon, im just not sure about how flexible the cable is, as it would need to bend right above the blue part., if there was some combination of the angle riser card and this extender cord, it would be perfect. what are u guys seaching on to find the extenders? so i maybe could widen my own search also :) and ty for the reply i am happy ur willing to sacrifice some of your time, to help a clueless stanger out :)) 

1 hour ago, Stig2610 said:

Yes i looked at something similar on the german amazon, im just not sure about how flexible the cable is, as it would need to bend right above the blue part., if there was some combination of the angle riser card and this extender cord, it would be perfect. what are u guys seaching on to find the extenders? so i maybe could widen my own search also :) and ty for the reply i am happy ur willing to sacrifice some of your time, to help a clueless stanger out :)) 

I’m not entirely sure how well this cable will bend but you may be alright. Worth to order it and test it yourself, it’s quite cheap tbh. 
Other thing which I found is something like that

eszCJWm.jpg
but not sure how well this will work, looks like it’s using usb cable.

I just type pcie 1x extender and going through ebay in order to find it.

And no worries mate, always happy to help 😁

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

21 hours ago, Whiro said:

I’m not entirely sure how well this cable will bend but you may be alright. Worth to order it and test it yourself, it’s quite cheap tbh. 
Other thing which I found is something like that

eszCJWm.jpg
but not sure how well this will work, looks like it’s using usb cable.

I just type pcie 1x extender and going through ebay in order to find it.

And no worries mate, always happy to help 😁

This one actually looks perfekt! The off to the side angle cable. Do you know what the other cable is for thoug? Is it a power cable? 

I found another one that doesn't have a power cable, and only uses USB. But yeah I'm a bit scared it might be introducing extra latency. 

Does anyone else know if the USB cable would be a bottleneck for a pcie WiFi card?