Is there a way to block scam calls once for all?

Meowster
Go to solution Solved by Pickles von Brine,

Check these guys out. https://www.nomorobo.com/

I am sick of getting phone calls from this indian guy telling me that my car insurance has expired and that I need to pay $1500 by tomorrow because otherwise 'I will go to prison' This is just pure bull**** and I'm tired of this. I used the caller block feature on my Note10+ but for some reason he just keeps calling me on my phone. He called on the landline and I blocked him on the landline and it worked but it won't work for mobile. Is there a way to block him once for all?

Also, sorry that this is a bit off topic

Make sure to quote me @Meowster  so that I see your reply

I love my job, being a sysadmin. It's very fun 

Check these guys out. https://www.nomorobo.com/

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

4 hours ago, Meowster said:

Thank you so much, should fix the issue

look up reviews before giving them money.

I only did a quick google search but seems like it does nothing basically.

I had the robokiller app for my iPhone. It’s free for the first 7 days. Now I just make my call settings to silence phone calls that are not in my contact list. If they don’t leave a legit voice mail they’re not getting a callback from me.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

I keep my mobile phone turned off except on the rare occasions I actually use it (I don't need to be connected at the lip 24/7). My home phone system (technically, a cell phone that connects to my cordless phones) stays on but I ignore any calls from numbers I do not recognize. If a call is important, they will leave a message.

Anytime you answer a scam call, even if you immediately hang up or tell them to stop calling, your number goes onto a live number list that gets sold to other lowlifes abusing people's phones.

Losing the landline got rid of political calls. It reduced the number of noncrooked callers (although I still consder them to be from scum stealing my phone service). Ignoring unrecognized callers has reduced unwanted calls even further. The only rare spam calls I get now are from robo callers.

Avoiding giving out your phone number except to only a select few is another way to reduce spam calls. I could count the number of people that have my home phone numbers on both hands. Maybe four people have my mobile phone number (it wouldn't do them any good to call me anyway, unless I was expecting a call, since I have voice mail disabled to avoid unwanted messages running up my pay as you go plan bill. Businesses that insist on having my phone number when they don't really need it get a phony phone number that goes to directory assistance (555 exchange) if they are stupid enough to try and call it (I use the same number every time). Also, I have outgoing caller ID turned off on both phone numbers.

I own my phones; they do not own me!

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!