New PC build; is my GPU faulty?

MSI B450M Mortar Max

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI RX 5700 MECH OC

Coolermaster MWE 600W White 230V V2

Team T-Force DD4 16GB 3200 CL16

Scenario: Just built a new rig for gaming. After a few moments of normal usage, programs in windows appear entirely as black windows. They are responsive and I can click and interact with things normally within them, but they appear completely black. This has happened so far with Chrome, Steam, and discord.
Photos: 1 2

Additionally, when playing Resident Evil 2 remake (the only game I've extensively played), the game has crashed on at least 3 or 4 occasions with the "Fatal application error / The GPU device instance has been suspended"
Photo: 1

Things I've tried:
-Ran memtest86+ with no errors (2 passes)
-Underclocked the MSI factory OC from 1750 MHz to 1465 MHz (MSI afterburner)
-Rolled back AMD gpu drivers with DDU (20.4.1 -> 20.2.2)
-Tested GPU memory with OCCT's GPU memtest - This crashed and rebooted the PC the first time. I ran it two subsequent times for 3-4 minutes with no errors on each.
-Ran Video Memory Stress Test with no errors
-Furmark for around 2-3 minutes
-Ran 3DMark's Time Spy and looped Fire Strike for around an hour; no errors.
-Finally, I did a fresh install of Windows. The problem still persists.

At this point, the only other thing I can think of is testing the GPU in the second PCIe slot. I'd test it with another GPU but I don't have any other right now. BIOS is up to date. I'm inclined on just RMAing the damn thing. Any pointers? Thanks so much for any help.

Yeah try it in the other pcie slot. You could just have a faulty slot. If you have another pc or have a friend with a pc, put your GPU in the other computer and see if that works too.

• 3 weeks later...

Or you could not have enough PCIE lanes ? what are you using for storage? 

ICT professional, Addicted to PC

2 minutes ago, Technane said:

Or you could not have enough PCIE lanes ? what are you using for storage? 

Hey, thanks for the response. Bit of an update: I tried the card on the second PCIe slot, but I can't get any signal. I read somewhere that switching to UEFI in BIOS would help, but it was still a no go.

Also, I tried updating BIOS and chipset drivers just in case, but that didn't work.

Storage: Toshiba RC500 M.2 2280 500GB and 2TB Seagate Barracuda

Ah exactly what i was thinking, Check in the manual about disabled PCIE lanes while using M.2 

ICT professional, Addicted to PC

Technane, thanks so much for your advice. I was able to get the second PCIe slot working after that, but anyway, the issue still persists. So I suppose the GPU is probably at fault right? I'm not sure. Guess I'll just ask MSI. Thanks!