Subscribe to games?

Rambo

What do you think of game subscriptions? I saw this company that offers a game subscription where you get a new Steam game every Friday. 

There would be both new titles and older ones. 

Is it worth it or does it just fill up the Steam library with games you'll never play?

I would much rather just purchase one or two games every now and again, through a Steam Sale/Humble Bundle store/bundle.

That way I actually get games I want to play, rather than kind of 'hope' for a chance I get a game I like.

A game subscription such as the one you proposed would not be something I would personally go for. But it can be appealing to people who already have 'all the games'  they want and kind of want a curated list of games every month? 

I'm just worried you won't get a curated list, but rather just a set of keys they were able to get their hands on for very little money

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

16 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Is it worth it or does it just fill up the Steam library with games you'll never play?

Only you can answer that, really. For me, it'd probably be 99% games that I'll never play, so for me it'd be entirely a waste of money -- I'm not into old games, I'm not into the vast majority of indie-games, I'm not into puzzle-games, I'm not into retro-/pixel-graphics-games and so on.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

The subscription is 19 euros. I think that it is pretty expensive. GoG must be better when you see what games you pay for.