Overlord 2500x14400 Monitors

Squirrel

Hey guys so I was looking into some monitors from asus that are 120 - 144hz and then I saw Overlord website, which are soon gonna release their new monitor line and overclocking capabilities for around 500, with a 2500x1440. It looks like a great deal, but i'm wondering what you guys think. I know Asus has their own, but this one seems like they advertise OCing it for higher hz, unlike Asus'.

In addition, if I buy this high res panel, i'd llike to get another gtx 770, now I have a 2gb version, but can I throw in a 4gb version aswell, also by evga?

http://overlordcomputer.com/collections/27-monitors/products/tempest-x270oc_ag

Thanks

Hey guys so I was looking into some monitors from asus that are 120 - 144hz and then I saw Overlord website, which are soon gonna release their new monitor line and overclocking capabilities for around 500, with a 2500x1440. It looks like a great deal, but i'm wondering what you guys think. I know Asus has their own, but this one seems like they advertise OCing it for higher hz, unlike Asus'.

In addition, if I buy this high res panel, i'd llike to get another gtx 770, now I have a 2gb version, but can I throw in a 4gb version aswell, also by evga?

http://overlordcomputer.com/collections/27-monitors/products/tempest-x270oc_ag

Thanks

You mean 2560x1440 panels

Asus' uses gsync to get rid of tearing and stuff.

Yiu can, but usage will be limited to 2gb. Rather try to return the current one and buy 2x 4gb versions

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

You mean 2560x1440 panels

Asus' uses gsync to get rid of tearing and stuff.

Yiu can, but usage will be limited to 2gb. Rather try to return the current one and buy 2x 4gb versions

yes, I didn't reread what I posted, it was a typo.

And Asus g sync panels are over priced, I would rather save hundreds and use v sync than spend too much money.

And thanks for the gfx card answer, I will consider doing that.

Yeah, also if i may, my take on 60hz panels marketed as able to overclock. They all are... Even the cheapest Korean will. Sometimes even better. If i were you id just get the one that looks good/has the input you need/is the cheapest.

Abd if youre concerned about overclocking it yourself, its literally a 5min job, that can not hurt the monitor in any way.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Yeah, also if i may, my take on 60hz panels marketed as able to overclock. They all are... Even the cheapest Korean will. Sometimes even better. If i were you id just get the one that looks good/has the input you need/is the cheapest.

Abd if youre concerned about overclocking it yourself, its literally a 5min job, that can not hurt the monitor in any way.

You can. Since the monitor is not rated at that refresh rate. If you tell your retailer that you oced the monitor they won't give you a new one. (Just don't tell your retailer that you oced the monitor) 

i was also looking at the tempest monitors because i wanted the best of both worlds, but then after a bit of research people were saying that because the refresh rates were overclocked you would get dropped frames and such, so i decided to just get sum cheap korean 1440p monitors instead, dont get me wrong id love a 120/144hz monitor but i cant justify paying alot for a TN panel.

PC: Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860 | Maxmius VI Hero | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 | Sapphire Radeon 7950 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Win7 X64

HTPC: Silverstone GD05 Black | Corsair VS350W | AMD A6 5400K | AsRock FM2A75-PRO4-M | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 840 128GB | WD Black 4TBx2 | Leadtek Winfast DTV2000DS | LiteOn BD\DVD-RW Combo | WIN7 x64/XBMC

You can. Since the monitor is not rated at that refresh rate. If you tell your retailer that you oced the monitor they won't give you a new one. (Just don't tell your retailer that you oced the monitor)

Nope, if it works stably it will work, and if it doesnt(in windows) it will just error out however it will for 15sec and then reset to 60hz. Effortlessly and non dangerous.

i was also looking at the tempest monitors because i wanted the best of both worlds, but then after a bit of research people were saying that because the refresh rates were overclocked you would get dropped frames and such, so i decided to just get sum cheap korean 1440p monitors instead, dont get me wrong id love a 120/144hz monitor but i cant justify paying alot for a TN panel.

Yeah, some of those koreans are really good. Ive seen one on ebay that is basically an asus(many more inputs, all the buttons on it are functional) and it was 270€ :)

Nope, if it works stably it will work, and if it doesnt(in windows) it will just error out however it will for 15sec and then reset to 60hz. Effortlessly and non dangerous.

Yeah, some of those koreans are really good. Ive seen one on ebay that is basically an asus(many more inputs, all the buttons on it are functional) and it was 270€ :)

may you show me the best recommended one?  ;)

also, I think I will just stick with a gtx 770 2gb version and just get a second one, since 2560x1440 benchmarks seem good with 2.

yeah i ordered 2 of the qnix 27" pls display port pixel perfect models, cant wait for them to arrive! :D theyre about 450 australian dollars each.

PC: Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860 | Maxmius VI Hero | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 | Sapphire Radeon 7950 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Win7 X64

HTPC: Silverstone GD05 Black | Corsair VS350W | AMD A6 5400K | AsRock FM2A75-PRO4-M | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 840 128GB | WD Black 4TBx2 | Leadtek Winfast DTV2000DS | LiteOn BD\DVD-RW Combo | WIN7 x64/XBMC

may you show me the best recommended one? ;)

also, I think I will just stick with a gtx 770 2gb version and just get a second one, since 2560x1440 benchmarks seem good with 2.

Ill try my best to find it again :)

To clear up some confusion here... the Overload monitor IS one of the Korean monitors, just in a different housing that you don't see on eBay. I believe it is electrically identical to the Catleap 2B or w/e, but don't quote me on that...

Not all of the Korean monitors will overclock, it is a certain PCB that allowed for good overclocks, and as far as I am aware they are all gone. Likely they are gone because Overload contacted the manufacturer and bought them all...

My 780 doesn't like playing games at 2560x1440 at 60 FPS, let alone 120...

And here it is. Also AWs pixel perfect policy is 0 defects instead of the usual 5 max

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121156200631

To clear up some confusion here... the Overload monitor IS one of the Korean monitors, just in a different housing that you don't see on eBay. I believe it is electrically identical to the Catleap 2B or w/e, but don't quote me on that...

Not all of the Korean monitors will overclock, it is a certain PCB that allowed for good overclocks, and as far as I am aware they are all gone. Likely they are gone because Overload contacted the manufacturer and bought them all...

My 780 doesn't like playing games at 2560x1440 at 60 FPS, let alone 120...

yep, from what i read it was only a certain batch of catleaps with that great overclocking PCB, also the guy who runs tempest was supposed to be creating his own PCB to sell on his temptest monitors, weither or not hes done that or not im unsure.

And here it is. Also AWs pixel perfect policy is 0 defects instead of the usual 5 max

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121156200631

yep accessorieswhole is where i bought mine from, for that exact reason! :)

Edit: btw this seller is known to display in stock even if hes ran out, originally i was going to get the X-Star models but i emailed him and he said there was no more stock so i got the qnix instead, as far as i know they are identical except for the badge.

yep accessorieswhole is where i bought mine from, for that exact reason! :)

And thats where i plan on buying 2 more since theyre awesome. Only problem is the stand on these koreans, but they have vesa, and i hate monitors on the desk anyway, so i put all of mine on wall arms :)

And thats where i plan on buying 2 more since theyre awesome. Only problem is the stand on these koreans, but they have vesa, and i hate monitors on the desk anyway, so i put all of mine on wall arms :)

Yeah, the problem is I hate those damn stands, and the Tempest one is only 80 dollars more, with a pivot and swivel stand im pre sure, so once you think about it it's almost worth spending just a little more

Yeah, the problem is I hate those damn stands, and the Tempest one is only 80 dollars more, with a pivot and swivel stand im pre sure, so once you think about it it's almost worth spending just a little more

Haha yeah, a decent wall arm is like 80€ so its more like, what do you lrefer. I like clean haha

yeah i also ordered a dual desk monitor mount because of the crappy stands, i agree more desk space is never a bad thing!

yeah i also ordered a dual desk monitor mount because of the crappy stands, i agree more desk space is never a bad thing!

Moar space, moar betters ^_^

Here is the problem overclocking a 2560x1440 monitor... Dual Link DVI max resolution is 2560x1440 @ 60Hz @ 8-bit colors (per channel). That is the max it can go. That is why you have frame dropping happening. While you can push things, as it is a lower resolution, you are going above the specification of DVI, so the graphic card, cable and monitor can't guaranty you any promises. Some also faces a visible drop in colors by overclocking, others, can't even clock anything higher than 65Hz.

In addition, IPS panels aren't fast enough. Close, but not there yet. So next to a true 120Hz TN monitor (a good one, with proper response time, because they are a lot of garbage out there, proudly marketed at "gamer" or "MLG", 1ms, and all that, but is really isn't great at all), you won't get sharp frames. Although, with frame drop, it might look better than motion blur effect, as frame are displayed longer. All to say, that it is all a bit iffy.

If your monitor has a color processor, and other fancy circuit, then usually you can't overclock them. Or if you can, it won't pass 75Hz, even if you have a 1080p monitor.In this case, it's because the other components, such as the color processor, can't cope. If I do it, for example, with my monitor, the image looks like I plugged the original NES to my monitor, everything is super blocky.

So miles will vary. And that is not to mention all the downside that is associated by buying a no name brand, especially if it comes over seas,

As IPS monitor are getting faster and faster each generation, and DisplayPort is getting more and more common. I expect true, proper, 120Hz IPS panels soon. Maybe in the next 5 years. Sadly, monitor technology doesn't move rapidly. Every 3 or so years there is a bit of an improvement over the previous gen. And right now, the focus is on making more affordable IPS panels, with new manufacturing techniques, while keeping the monitor still very good, and not about how to get true 120Hz. So it will take time.

I entered this thread hoping to see a sexy eyefinity setup :( res did seem off though

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090