First time building a PC

Bondeh

Hello,

This is my first time building a full PC but looking forward to it ( i'll have some help from a friend to make sure i dont mess up, mainly with CPU and motherboard installation).

Heres what i'm going to be building.

(I will be ordering parts over the next month or so)

[Recieved]-CPU: i7 4770k.

[Ordeder]-Motherboard: Gigabyte G1-Sniper-Z5S.

[Recieved]-Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black.

Graphics card: EVGA GTX 780 TI Superclocked w/ACX Cooler.

Memory: 16gb (2x8gb) Corsair Dominator 1866.

[Ordeder]-Primary Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb.

Secondary storage: WD Blacks and Red Drives (probably 2 of each).

Power Supply: Corsair AX860i.

Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Recon3d Fatality (already owned from previous PC).

[Recieved]-CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i.

[Recieved]-H100i Fans: Corsair SP PWM Quiet Edition 120mm.

[Recieved]-Rear,Pivot Fans: Corsair AF Quiet Edition White LED  140mm.

[Recieved]-Front,Side Fans: BitFenix Spectre Green LED 200mm   . 

PSU Cable: Green cables for the AX860i.

Sata Cables: Green/Black Sata Cables (haven't decided on which ones in specific).

Feel Free to recommend anything else to match the theme of the PC (green black and some white).

I'll post pictures of my progress.                     

looks good to me! nice lookin system

PC: Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860 | Maxmius VI Hero | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 | Sapphire Radeon 7950 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Win7 X64

HTPC: Silverstone GD05 Black | Corsair VS350W | AMD A6 5400K | AsRock FM2A75-PRO4-M | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 840 128GB | WD Black 4TBx2 | Leadtek Winfast DTV2000DS | LiteOn BD\DVD-RW Combo | WIN7 x64/XBMC

Can't wait for the green theme! Gonna be a beast of a PC.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Thanks guys, Definitely looking forward to it :)

Thanks guys, Definitely looking forward to it :)

I would suggest you to get a 840 EVO it's a lot cheaper and delivers almost the same perfomance.

I would suggest you to get a 840 EVO it's a lot cheaper and delivers almost the same perfomance.

I was going to get an EVO but i read a post somewhere saying that the Pro lasted longer and was slightly faster (the slightly faster part ins't what concerns me)

I was going to get an EVO but i read a post somewhere saying that the Pro lasted longer and was slightly faster (the slightly faster part ins't what concerns me)

The EVO isn't out long enough ago for anybody to test how long it will last. (It's not likely to fail in a year.) 

The EVO isn't out long enough ago for anybody to test how long it will last. (It's not likely to fail in a year.) 

Well between now and when i get my SSD i'll look into abit and see what i prefer, Thanks for your suggestion though :)

Yeah that's a beast of a build for the first time.  I want to see pictures.  I wanted to do the Green/Black Build with the Sniper Motherboard but I got such a good deal at Microcenter on a Gigabyte one that I couldn't refuse.

Yeah that's a beast of a build for the first time.  I want to see pictures.  I wanted to do the Green/Black Build with the Sniper Motherboard but I got such a good deal at Microcenter on a Gigabyte one that I couldn't refuse.

I've had a few gaming PC's just never built one myself, but yeah it'll be pretty cool once its built.

i've never done the whole coloured theme thing for a PC so i thought i'd give it a go this time :).

I've had a few gaming PC's just never built one myself, but yeah it'll be pretty cool once its built.

i've never done the whole coloured theme thing for a PC so i thought i'd give it a go this time :).

you have a link for the colored cables on PSU and sata?

@jms493

The PSu ones are from the corsair website

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_1424&products_id=23329

can not sure on the SATA Cables there are Bitfenix ones on scorptec so i might get those

http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Cables/SATA/43839-BF-SATAIII-30GK

These items will probably some of the last items i buy

nice man! to go with that what peripherals do you have? :D i bought my peripherals before i started buying parts, since i already had a capable rig ;)

i have 3x27" monitors logitech g19s keyboard logitech g500s mouse anda Astro a40 2013 Edition. i -MIGHT- buy a mechanical keyboard to try it out.

i have 3x27" monitors logitech g19s keyboard logitech g500s mouse anda Astro a40 2013 Edition. i -MIGHT- buy a mechanical keyboard to try it out.

you can go to shops and try all the different switch types, or you can buy one of these http://www.cmstore-usa.com/mechanical-key-switch-demo-board/ lets you try all the different switches and it will help you find the switch that fits you :) seems like you have a pretty nice current setup, any chance of pics?

you can go to shops and try all the different switch types, or you can buy one of these http://www.cmstore-usa.com/mechanical-key-switch-demo-board/ lets you try all the different switches and it will help you find the switch that fits you :) seems like you have a pretty nice current setup, any chance of pics?

No pics ATM its too messy. i'll post pics of the PC while it gets built and the finnished product. and a pic of the entire desk with the new PC.

not really any good PC stores where i am i order my stuff from a store 1.5 hours away. but i'll look into some mechanical keyboards if i have some extra money by the end of the build.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've just ordered 2 more parts for the PC, The CPU and h100i.they haven't sent my previous order of case and all the fans yet because something wasn't ins tock but its due to be in stock today so i may get all of it later on today (they have pretty fast shiping, when things are in stock)

• 5 weeks later...

Ordered the Vid card Power supply and RAM today so should be built by the weeknd.

Hey there people,

So i built the PC with my friend over the weeknd and most seems to be going well.

my only real concern is when i ran Prime95 my cpu went to 100 degrees celsius,

Considering i am using a h100i and the CPU is NOT overclocked that seems very high.

On the desktop not doing anything the cpu runs at about 38 degrees C and in diablo 3 its running at about 40-43.

Any thoughts?

Badly seated cpu cooler?, I've been reading about the h100i not fitting tightly enough against the cpu and causing high heats. I haven't found a thread about adding washers to make it tighter but I would try that.

Im about to start a build also using the h100i so fingers crossed the washer trick works if need be.

cheers

CPU: I74770K @ 4.2, MOBO: ASUS Z87 EXPERT, RAM: CORSAIR VENGANCE PRO 16G @ 1886, GPU: EVGA DUAL FTW GTX 780, CASE: NZXT H440 WHITE, STORAGE: 840 EVO 120GB (OS), 1TB SAMSUNG 7200 RPM (MASS), PSU: CORSAIR RM750, DISPLAY: DUAL LG/ACER 1080p LED, COOLING: H100i, STOCK CASE FANS, ACCESS: RAZER DEATH ADDER + GOLIATH PAD, WHITE SLEEVED CABLES, UV LEDS.

Alright i'll have to give that a go this weeknd or something. Thanks for the advice