Budget Laptop 250€ - 450 € for my Girlfriend

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a Laptop around 250-450 € for my girlfriend (we are based in Germany). Most of the time she is doing office work (word, excel) and web browsing. Also she wants to be able to play sims 4 and similar games and do some photo editing (nothing to heavy, mostly Phone-Camera quality pictures). Touch Display (or 2 in 1) would be cool to have but is not a must. What can you recommend? I was looking for Systems with ssd/ 8 Gb ram but i would like some inspirations and another point of view. :) 

Thanks in advance for all replies, hope you can help me out. :)

20 minutes ago, reiam_it said:

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a Laptop around 250-450 € for my girlfriend (we are based in Germany). Most of the time she is doing office work (word, excel) and web browsing. Also she wants to be able to play sims 4 and similar games and do some photo editing (nothing to heavy, mostly Phone-Camera quality pictures). Touch Display (or 2 in 1) would be cool to have but is not a must. What can you recommend? I was looking for Systems with ssd/ 8 Gb ram but i would like some inspirations and another point of view. :)

Thanks in advance for all replies, hope you can help me out. :)

Are you okay with refurbished models? Dell, HP and Lenovo have Outlets where they sell excellent quality certified refurbished laptops with full warranty for super cheap.

Und Du blechst natürlich für die Kiste nehme ich an?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

21 hours ago, Praesi said:

Und Du blechst natürlich für die Kiste nehme ich an?

Ne Ne sie zahlt schon selber, hat aber soviel Ahnung von Technik wie ich von Schminke :D 

21 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Are you okay with refurbished models? Dell, HP and Lenovo have Outlets where they sell excellent quality certified refurbished laptops with full warranty for super cheap.

Thanks for the tipp, I hadn't thought of it.

2 minutes ago, reiam_it said:

Ne Ne sie zahlt schon selber, hat aber soviel Ahnung von Technik wie ich von Schminke :D 

Thanks for the tipp, I hadn't thought of it.

My other recommendations -
1. Make sure you get an IPS display so that it's easy on the eyes,
2. Do NOT buy Pentium or Celeron-based laptops - those CPUs are slower than molasses.
3. Avoid eMMC storage like the plague - it's like running a system off an SD card
4. And, whatever you do, do NOT buy a Chromebook as they have cheap TN displays, Pentium/Celeron CPUs, eMMC storage and a broken dysfunctional OS (basically all of the above times ten)