So... here's the plan

I'm going to buy a pre-built Windows 10 pc used for gaming and some productivity probably 50/50. I saw this particular Desktop on Amazon and was impressed.  You thoughts are welcome!

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-core 3.7 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo) CPU Processor | 500GB SSD  |ASRock B450M/AC Motherboard

GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB GDDR6 | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz Gaming Memory with Heat Spreaders | Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Wraith Stealth Cooler

Free Gaming Keyboard and Mouse | 1 x HDMI, 1 x Display Port | USB 3.0 (1 Front + 5 Rear), and 4 x USB 2.0 | Ethernet Port

3 x ARGB Dual RING Fans for Maximum Air Flow | Powered by 80 Plus Certified 550 Watt Gold Power Supply

1 Year Warranty on Parts and Labor | Lifetime Free Technical Support | Assembled in the USA 

I'm still doing homework on a G-Sync compatible monitor.  Eventually I'd like to run dual 24-27" monitors.  My price range here is $200-$300 US Dollars. 

I think this is priced attractively at $1099.  I welcome your thoughts, questions, comments and concerns!   

New Desktop 1.jpg

New Desktop 2.jpg

New Desktop 3.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mag21 said:

I'm going to buy a pre-built Windows 10 pc used for gaming and some productivity probably 50/50. I saw this particular Desktop on Amazon and was impressed.  You thoughts are welcome!

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-core 3.7 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo) CPU Processor | 500GB SSD  |ASRock B450M/AC Motherboard

GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB GDDR6 | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz Gaming Memory with Heat Spreaders | Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Wraith Stealth Cooler

Free Gaming Keyboard and Mouse | 1 x HDMI, 1 x Display Port | USB 3.0 (1 Front + 5 Rear), and 4 x USB 2.0 | Ethernet Port

3 x ARGB Dual RING Fans for Maximum Air Flow | Powered by 80 Plus Certified 550 Watt Gold Power Supply

1 Year Warranty on Parts and Labor | Lifetime Free Technical Support | Assembled in the USA 

I'm still doing homework on a G-Sync compatible monitor.  Eventually I'd like to run dual 24-27" monitors.  My price range here is $200-$300 US Dollars. 

I think this is priced attractively at $1099.  I welcome your thoughts, questions, comments and concerns!   

New Desktop 1.jpg

New Desktop 2.jpg

New Desktop 3.jpg

I would personally build my own could prob go to the same price with same or better parts maybe i wont get all the rgb and free keyboard stuff, but the prebuilt might not be capable at all to upgrade afterwards. Also the pc in the picture is not rtx 2060 netiher the motherboard is an asrock B450

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

This can be put together for under 1099 however the price isn't terrible considering it is a prebuilt. Only problem I'd have with it is despite the specs being good on paper, they have used the cheapest variants of each part, for example the GPU and the RAM. The ram is a single channel of 3000mhz which will hurt the performance of your ryzen chip.

Also the power supply may be questionable quality as the brand name is not advertised. 

The Motherboard is clearly not the B450M/AC as there is no wifi built into it. Looks like it is the ASRock B450M-HDV which is junk.

The 2700X will probably throttle like crazy on that board.

You can do better for $1100.

Better in every way possible

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($298.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5700 8 GB MECH OC Video Card  ($299.99 @ B&H)
Case: DIYPC DIY-BG01 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($46.96 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($102.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1048.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-05 08:43 EDT-0400

Wow.  I'm so glad I posted here!  You have saved me some headaches for sure.   I haven't built a pc in ages.  

Let's get to work kid.jpg

I think the 2700X will throttle too.  I also think the stock CPU cooler might let the CPU get warm enough during gaming to help that throttling.

There is no right or wrong... only popular opinion, political correctness, and government edict.

22 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Better in every way possible

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($298.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5700 8 GB MECH OC Video Card  ($299.99 @ B&H)
Case: DIYPC DIY-BG01 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($46.96 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($102.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1048.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-05 08:43 EDT-0400

Not that Ram though as the timings are terrible.

I would also pay a bit more for a better version of the 5700. The 5700XT version of the Mech OC is pretty loud so I would assume that will apply to the 5700 as well. 

17 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Not that Ram though as the timings are terrible.

I would also pay a bit more for a better version of the 5700. The 5700XT version of the Mech OC is pretty loud so I would assume that will apply to the 5700 as well. 

5700 is fine, and the other coolers won't fit nicely into the budget 😅

9 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

5700 is fine, and the other coolers won't fit nicely into the budget 😅

You can save a bit of cash on the board by going with the B450-A PRO MAX and a cheaper set of Ram. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/XJbCmG/msi-b450-a-pro-max-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-a-pro-max

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/sp2bt6/team-t-force-dark-z-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3200-memory-tdzrd416g3200hc16cdc01

Also the op's pc was $1099 so there is a bit of room left. Prices are a bit crazy though at the minute so other gpu options might not be viable. 

I'm going to spend extra time on the drawing boardin order to get the best my budget can offer.  

I've upped the budget a bit and came up with this:  https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Mklangelo/saved/HG7MvK

I can save 75% on the OS in a way that Part Picker doesn't recognize.  I've got 300 set aside for my monitor.  

So this build will bring me in for ~$1500 US.  I can live with that.  

I'd like your thoughts, as always.

5 minutes ago, Mag21 said:

I'm going to spend extra time on the drawing boardin order to get the best my budget can offer.  

I've upped the budget a bit and came up with this:  https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Mklangelo/saved/HG7MvK

I can save 75% on the OS in a way that Part Picker doesn't recognize.  I've got 300 set aside for my monitor.  

So this build will bring me in for ~$1500 US.  I can live with that.  

I'd like your thoughts, as always.

That list is private 😬