M.2 detected in BIOS but not windows

Pleb Wellington

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

R5 3600

For months I've had this board and got an M.2 it worked for all about 2 days then never again. I thought it must've been that model (Crucial P1) so I got a higher quality one (WD Black) and tested that also didn't work, but noticed that both were deteced in the BIOS but not in windows. Tirelessly seached and followed what others were trying to no avail.

Left it at that for a couple of months and want some more storage so I bought a M.2 to PCIe adapter which also does not work for either of these and I am at wits end with this.

Any help would be seriously appreciated.

Did you open Disk Management and make a partition on it? You can find it by right clicking Start menu button. When open see if you can find M.2 there with unpartitioned space and right click on said space to create partition.

If you don't see it there maybe NVMe storage is disabled in BIOS for some reason. Try to enable it somewhere in a storage menu.

yeah I partitioned it when I got it before it stopped working. Went looking in the BIOS and couldn't see anything about the NVMe storage being disabled