$450 build for a friend

xev11

A buddy is wanting a new micro atx build mostly for general work and light gaming (COD Warzone).

He is in Italy and the budget is roughly 450 usd.

I was thinking     AMD Ryzen 5 1600,  Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX but not sure what GPU. 1660 super is a bit too pricey. 

Thoughts?

If you go with the 1600, make sure it's the 12nm AF version (Product code: YD1600BBAFBOX)

For motherboard I'd suggest something like the ASRock B450M/AC mATX. With that budget there's no way you get a 1660 Super in there - unless you find one used for very cheap. If you want to buy new an RX570 is your best bet, but I'd try to get a used RX580/590.

13 minutes ago, ShinRamen said:

If you go with the 1600, make sure it's the 12nm AF version (Product code: YD1600BBAFBOX)

For motherboard I'd suggest something like the ASRock B450M/AC mATX. With that budget there's no way you get a 1660 Super in there - unless you find one used for very cheap. If you want to buy new an RX570 is your best bet, but I'd try to get a used RX580/590.

I would recommend getting a new RX 580 which will deliver better performance that the RX 570 at a very similar price range, the RX 590 would be significantly more expensive and likely out of the budget for this build. If you are going to get a used card, please consider that the card could have been misused for cryptocurrency mining or something along those lines, and that the lifespan of the card will be lower than new, although if you can find one used in relatively good shape, you should be good for at least a few years.

Link to a recommended GPU for this build:    https://www.amazon.com/XFX-Radeon-1386MHz-Graphics-RX-580P8DFD6/dp/B06Y66K3XD/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=Radeon+RX+590&qid=1585955041&refinements=p_n_feature_four_browse-bin%3A6066318011&rnid=2057431011&s=pc&sr=1-4

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

6 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

You may notice the lack of a GPU. There was not enough room in the budget. And yes I apologise for going over. This was the cheapest I could get it. 1st gen Ryzen was not avaliable in Italy.

Guys, please remember that the United States has VERY GOOD pricing compared to the rest of the world, so this budget would be easy in the US but as you can see it is very hard to work with in Italy.

Agreed, which is why I refrained from putting together a list for now and just gave some general advice. ~€420 is a tight budget as is, but from what I've seen pricing in italy is pretty high as well; at least compared to Germany, which is what I'm familiar with. Getting a dGPU would really be a best-case scenario here - if possible at all.