Budget gaming build, how did I do?

Gazeley

My mate's pc is slowly dying, which inspired me to make a budget gaming. How did I do? Please feel free to make suggestions, preferably aiming to keep under £750. Would love to know why you made an edit, I'm fairly novice at this. Also as a side note, I couldn't find any motherboards on pc part picker that actively say they're compatiable with Ryzen 3000 (at least in the lower price range).

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£155.00 @ Currys PC World) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£69.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£76.98 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£64.08 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£52.22 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 590 8 GB FATBOY OC+ Video Card  (£179.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Case: Cougar MG130-G MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£34.38 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£64.98 @ Currys PC World Business) 
Total: £697.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-03 18:34 BST+0100

The MSI max boards are updated from the factory.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

All B450 boards appear as incompatible with Ryzen 3000 as PCPartPicker doesn't take into account the ones that are ready for Zen 2 out of the box, like all of MSI's MAX boards, for example.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Instead of that Gigabyte board, you can get a MAX board from MSI, which is guaranteed compatible. Also, that's pretty expensive for a 450 watt PSU, the corsair CX450 is just as good.

You can spend the saved money on a better gpu.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

9 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

All B450 boards appear as incompatible with Ryzen 3000 as PCPartPicker doesn't take into account the ones that are ready for Zen 2 out of the box, like all of MSI's MAX boards, for example.

Yeah I thought that might be the issue. Is there much difference in the gpu?

10 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Instead of that Gigabyte board, you can get a MAX board from MSI, which is guaranteed compatible. Also, that's pretty expensive for a 450 watt PSU, the corsair CX450 is just as good.

You can spend the saved money on a better gpu.

Any suggestions GPU wise?

2 minutes ago, Gazeley said:

Any suggestions GPU wise?

Just the 1660 super I added. It's like a 1660 ti for a little more cost than a 1660.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

This is more money rather than less, but one can find slightly faster memory for about that same price.  Also the stock cooler that comes with the 3600 is usable but not great.  I’d be tempted to throw some at a low/mid tier cpu cooler.  The PSU is a bit pricey.  Not sure you need more wattage, though extra doesn’t hurt, but the full modular and gold certification aren’t super necessary.  Maybe some money to be saved there.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

This is more money rather than less, but one can find slightly faster memory for about that same price.  Also the stock cooler that comes with the 3600 is usable but not great.  I’d be tempted to throw some at a low/mid tier cpu cooler.  The PSU is a bit pricey.  Not sure you need more wattage, though extra doesn’t hurt, but the full modular and gold certification aren’t super necessary.  Maybe some money to be saved there.

What's the difference between the metal standards of psu?

2 minutes ago, Gazeley said:

What's the difference between the metal standards of psu?

It goes 80+, bronze, silver, gold, platinum.  (Titanium is either before or afte platinum I think) Silver has become quite rare.  It’s how efficient the PSU is on idle.  Does not affect how reliable the PSU is.  80+ is the legal minimum and tends to denote a cheapass PSU though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 hours ago, Gazeley said:

Yeah I thought that might be the issue. Is there much difference in the gpu?

The 1660S is faster by a good amount than the regular 1660, especially in titles that can take advantage of its GDDR6 memory where it can even slightly outperform the 1660Ti. I'd say about 10-25% faster, depending on the game.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC