Motherboard opinion

I’m looking to get the next Ryzen 4950x CPU when it comes out. Should I go ahead and get a motherboard with the x570 chipset or wait for the next motherboard with the x670 chipsets?

It really depends on what is released. If X670 brings some new features, then perhaps it's worth going for. However, MSI could also do something similar to their current MAX line and release X570 boards that are explicitly updated for 4000 series Ryzen. Do you have need for a new processor and motherboard right now?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

19 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

It really depends on what is released. If X670 brings some new features, then perhaps it's worth going for. However, MSI could also do something similar to their current MAX line and release X570 boards that are explicitly updated for 4000 series Ryzen. Do you have need for a new processor and motherboard right now?

At the moment I don’t really have any needs for a new processor and motherboard at the moment. This will be my first PC build and probably won’t have enough money for the CPU and GPU till October. Which is right when AMD is supposed to be releasing their new CPU and GPU along with Nvidia’s new GPU. 

5 minutes ago, PhaKin_A said:

At the moment I don’t really have any needs for a new processor and motherboard at the moment. This will be my first PC build and probably won’t have enough money for the CPU and GPU till October. Which is right when AMD is supposed to be releasing their new CPU and GPU along with Nvidia’s new GPU. 

In that case, don't bother buying an X570 motherboard right now. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

25 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

why would you get the motherboard now to gather dust on a shelf for a cpu that will be out in a year?

I guess you do have a point there

15 minutes ago, PhaKin_A said:

October. Which is right when AMD is supposed to be releasing their new CPU

i doubt they will release the 4950x in october, given they've just release the 3950x a few months ago. they'll start the 4000 series with the 4600 and 4700 and probably some of the 4300G models or whatever. I think there's still at least a year to wait until the 4950X

I’d be willing to settle for the 4900x