Sennheiser CX175s vs CX300-IIs

odrusso

Simple question here. Should I get Sennheiser CX175's ($70 in NZ) or Sennheiser CX300-IIs ($80 in NZ)

I'll mainly be using these with a low-end laptop I have and also iPhone/iPads etc, so these will only be used for when at School/Work (I have HD518s and Solo6Cs for my desktop audio setup)

I will possible get one of those highly regarded FiiO Amps... but that's for another time.

Thanks,

Oscar!

Intel

i5 3570k; Asus P8Z77-V LX; Asus GTX 780 @ Stock; 8GB Kingston Blu; Corsair GS700; Corsair 230T (White); Shimian QH270-Lite (RIP); Logitech G710+ & G502; HD518s; SOLO6c's; ZH-DX200-CBs.

i7 4790k; Asus Z97-Pro Gaming; 2x Asus GTX 780; 8GB Kingston Blu; Corsair GS700; Corsair 230T (White); AOC G2460PQU 144hz.

Intel 

Simple question here. Should I get Sennheiser CX175's ($70 in NZ) or Sennheiser CX300-IIs ($80 in NZ)

I'll mainly be using these with a low-end laptop I have and also iPhone/iPads etc, so these will only be used for when at School/Work (I have HD518s and Solo6Cs for my desktop audio setup)

I will possible get one of those highly regarded FiiO Amps... but that's for another time.

Thanks,

Oscar!

neither. Sennheiser IEMs are especially bad for the money, and their mid range IEMs (such as the ones you listed) really suck when put up against the competition. Give me a good couple of headphone websites you can use  in New Zealand (do you guys have amazon?) and I can pick some models out for you. Is NZD 80$ your max? Or can you go up to $100 or so. 

neither. Sennheiser IEMs are especially bad for the money, and their mid range IEMs (such as the ones you listed) really suck when put up against the competition. Give me a good couple of headphone websites you can use  in New Zealand (do you guys have amazon?) and I can pick some models out for you. Is NZD 80$ your max? Or can you go up to $100 or so. 

$80 is basically the max, unless the jump up to $100 is a MAJOR improvement, but I'd def. like to keep it under $80.

I'm not too picky about which place I use to buy my stuff, but I generally use http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentlist.asp?parttypeid=0&t=20

That's the best online place I've found for medium-level audio gear in NZ. And unfortunately no Amazon in New Zealand.

Intel

i5 3570k; Asus P8Z77-V LX; Asus GTX 780 @ Stock; 8GB Kingston Blu; Corsair GS700; Corsair 230T (White); Shimian QH270-Lite (RIP); Logitech G710+ & G502; HD518s; SOLO6c's; ZH-DX200-CBs.

i7 4790k; Asus Z97-Pro Gaming; 2x Asus GTX 780; 8GB Kingston Blu; Corsair GS700; Corsair 230T (White); AOC G2460PQU 144hz.

Intel 

$80 is basically the max, unless the jump up to $100 is a MAJOR improvement, but I'd def. like to keep it under $80.

I'm not too picky about which place I use to buy my stuff, but I generally use http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentlist.asp?parttypeid=0&t=20

That's the best online place I've found for medium-level audio gear in NZ. And unfortunately no Amazon in New Zealand.

Can you use ebay australia by any chance? because that would really widen the choice to much better in ears. 

Can you use ebay australia by any chance? because that would really widen the choice to much better in ears. 

I'm not sure, but either way, I'd have to pay shipping, which means money spent on shipping rather than headphones. And despite our proximity, shipping between Aus and NZ is still quite expensive.

Also note: Music is listen to is basically everything from classical to dubsep to 80s disco and everything in between. Also a bit of gaming, YouTube and move watching :)

Intel

Intel 

I'm not sure, but either way, I'd have to pay shipping, which means money spent on shipping rather than headphones. And despite our proximity, shipping between Aus and NZ is still quite expensive.

Also note: Music is listen to is basically everything from classical to dubsep to 80s disco and everything in between. Also a bit of gaming, YouTube and move watching :)

oh lucky you. I was scouring ebay AU, and I saw that they ship some IEMs from Japan (they're models unobtainable in NZ or AU) for the same price to NZ as AU (12$ postage including insurance). 

The IEMs i'm reffering to are the zero audio carbo singolo (I might have gotten the model name confused) but the model number is ZH-DX210. These IEMs are frigging fantabulous for the price, and perfect for any type of music you throw at them. You will not regret it at all, and why should you? They cost even less than those sennys at ~50 NZD + ~15 NZD for shipping. Seriously, buy them, then report back ;) Everybody on head-fi (audio forum) is in awe at their sound quality for the price. 

Besides, they look really sleek with that carbon fiber and aluminum construction. 

This was the cheapest cheapest seller on ebay (brand new of course, and good feedback for the store):

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ZERO-Audio-ZH-DX210-CB-Ear-Stereo-Headphones-Carbo-Basso-Genuine-from-Japan-/151228548504?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2335ec8598&_uhb=1

No seriously, I am not joking about these. They will blow many $200 IEMs out of the water. I have tried them and you can ask others on head-fi too. Just a freaking fantastic value. 

Thanks,

Oscar!

I have the Sennheiser CX300-II and it sounds really great for me. It's great for music and the bass doesn't overpower other instruments, unless you equalize it to put in more bass.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

I have the Sennheiser CX300-II and it sounds really great for me. It's great for music and the bass doesn't overpower other instruments, unless you equalize it to put in more bass.

but did you compare them to other IEMs before? I used to think my skullcandys were great years ago, but that's because I never heard anything better ;)

Same thing with monitors and such. You get used to TN panels, and then you go to IPS and can never go back. 

but did you compare them to other IEMs before? I used to think my skullcandys were great years ago, but that's because I never heard anything better  ;)

Same thing with monitors and such. You get used to TN panels, and then you go to IPS and can never go back. 

I tried it with other Sennheiser IEM's on the store that I bought them from that's within his $80 budget. :D

I just thought that maybe he wants Sennheisers' for his IEM's and not other brands.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

oh lucky you. I was scouring ebay AU, and I saw that they ship some IEMs from Japan (they're models unobtainable in NZ or AU) for the same price to NZ as AU (12$ postage including insurance). 

The IEMs i'm reffering to are the zero audio carbo singolo (I might have gotten the model name confused) but the model number is ZH-DX210. These IEMs are frigging fantabulous for the price, and perfect for any type of music you throw at them. You will not regret it at all, and why should you? They cost even less than those sennys at ~50 NZD + ~15 NZD for shipping. Seriously, buy them, then report back ;) Everybody on head-fi (audio forum) is in awe at their sound quality for the price. 

Besides, they look really sleek with that carbon fiber and aluminum construction. 

This was the cheapest cheapest seller on ebay (brand new of course, and good feedback for the store):

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ZERO-Audio-ZH-DX210-CB-Ear-Stereo-Headphones-Carbo-Basso-Genuine-from-Japan-/151228548504?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2335ec8598&_uhb=1

No seriously, I am not joking about these. They will blow many $200 IEMs out of the water. I have tried them and you can ask others on head-fi too. Just a freaking fantastic value. 

I've had a look at these IEMs, and they look really good! I think I've seen them before, but not sure where.

Question: Is there a difference between these four: ZH-DX200-CT, ZH-DX200-CB, ZH-DX210-CT and the ZH-DX210-CBs. They all look basically the same, or am I missing something really obvious?

Intel

Intel 

I've had a look at these IEMs, and they look really good! I think I've seen them before, but not sure where.

Question: Is there a difference between these four: ZH-DX200-CT, ZH-DX200-CB, ZH-DX210-CT and the ZH-DX210-CBs. They all look basically the same, or am I missing something really obvious?

Just checked on their website and did a little research. Their naming scheme is kind of confusing. There are two versions of relatively similar IEMs, the ZH-DX210-CB (carbo basso) and the ZH-DX200-CT (Carbo Tenore), but two of the versions you listed, the ZH-DX200-CB and ZH-DX210-CT are not on their website, perhaps it's a bunch of typos by ebay sellers???

. From what I have seen of people on head-fi, most people gravitate toward the carbo basso, which as the name implies has more bass (Just because it has more doesn't mean it's bloated overpowering bass either) but perhaps a little less good on the high frequencies. I am pretty confident that the ZH-DX200 is an older model, so I would get the ZH-DX210 instead (CB or CT, either depending on your preference for more bass if listen to a lot of classical and EDM)

Just checked on their website and did a little research. Their naming scheme is kind of confusing. There are two versions of relatively similar IEMs, the ZH-DX210-CB (carbo basso) and the ZH-DX200-CT (Carbo Tenore), but two of the versions you listed, the ZH-DX200-CB and ZH-DX210-CT are not on their website, perhaps it's a bunch of typos by ebay sellers???

. From what I have seen of people on head-fi, most people gravitate toward the carbo basso, which as the name implies has more bass (Just because it has more doesn't mean it's bloated overpowering bass either) but perhaps a little less good on the high frequencies. I am pretty confident that the ZH-DX200 is an older model, so I would get the ZH-DX210 instead (CB or CT, either depending on your preference for more bass if listen to a lot of classical and EDM)

Okay. I've spent quite a while trying to find the cheapest place to get these! The Ebay link you gave me added up to around $85, and my current budget is $80 so I'd have wait a week or so until I'm paid. So I had a look on Amazon (US) And I found a random seller (Good feedback and such) that ships world wide, and the ZH-DX210-CBs were $70 all up! So now to wait for a week or two. Express shipping was about $90 extra D:

Thanks massively for your help, and I'll be sure to report my findings!

Intel

Intel 

Okay. I've spent quite a while trying to find the cheapest place to get these! The Ebay link you gave me added up to around $85, and my current budget is $80 so I'd have wait a week or so until I'm paid. So I had a look on Amazon (US) And I found a random seller (Good feedback and such) that ships world wide, and the ZH-DX210-CBs were $70 all up! So now to wait for a week or two. Express shipping was about $90 extra D:

Thanks massively for your help, and I'll be sure to report my findings!

no problem  :) make sure you burn them in a little first (you can burn in while listening too ;))