FPS drop, am I CPU limited?

gius_

Hi, i've just upgraded the GPU in my rig but i'm trying games and i can't stable fps. Even in league of legends that should be pretty easy to run i see sometimes freezing, and a huge fps drop that in league is from 140 to 40/50, but in games like jedi fallen order or FFXV means drops from 60fps to 15/20. And it doesn't matter what graphc quality i put, on the contrary if i set the graphic on ultra is more stable than low settings. I'm noticing that the gpu usage goes from 100% to 0% in seconds, and it's never stable. On the other side the cpu is still at 60%/70%.

Here's my spec:

• CPU AMD FX 8320
  • CPU COOLER arctic freezer 13 co
  • MOTHERBOARD Asus m5a97 LE R2.0
  • GPU XFX RX570
  • RAM Kingston Fury DDR3 8gb (unico banco)
  • PSU THERMALTAKE ALIM. SMART SE 530W MODULARE
  • SDD Kingston 240gb
  • HDD WD Blue da 1tb
  • CASE Itek Replay 2.0

I tried overclocking, i have kinda good temperature so a didn't mind push it to 4.2 mhz (like a 8350), probably i did something wrong but i can't let this gpu work properly. I really don't want to buy new mobo and cpu so i'd really love to find a solution, I don't play that much so i don't care about the resolution i just need that the game is playable even at very low.

18 minutes ago, gius_ said:

Hi, i've just upgraded the GPU in my rig but i'm trying games and i can't stable fps. Even in league of legends that should be pretty easy to run i see sometimes freezing, and a huge fps drop that in league is from 140 to 40/50, but in games like jedi fallen order or FFXV means drops from 60fps to 15/20. And it doesn't matter what graphc quality i put, on the contrary if i set the graphic on ultra is more stable than low settings. I'm noticing that the gpu usage goes from 100% to 0% in seconds, and it's never stable. On the other side the cpu is still at 60%/70%.

Here's my spec:

• CPU AMD FX 8320
  • CPU COOLER arctic freezer 13 co
  • MOTHERBOARD Asus m5a97 LE R2.0
  • GPU XFX RX570
  • RAM Kingston Fury DDR3 8gb (unico banco)
  • PSU THERMALTAKE ALIM. SMART SE 530W MODULARE
  • SDD Kingston 240gb
  • HDD WD Blue da 1tb
  • CASE Itek Replay 2.0

I tried overclocking, i have kinda good temperature so a didn't mind push it to 4.2 mhz (like a 8350), probably i did something wrong but i can't let this gpu work properly. I really don't want to buy new mobo and cpu so i'd really love to find a solution, I don't play that much so i don't care about the resolution i just need that the game is playable even at very low.

the final fantasy bottleneck makes sense, but league is very easy to run..

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

So what should i do? Would be an overclock enough to stop this, or i must change cpu.