Best Over-Ear Headphones below 170 USD (~15k INR) for critical bass music (genre) listening sessions?

I have Philips SHP9500 but it has basically non-existent sub-bass and anything below 50-55 Hz is unenjoyable (and was almost a deal breaker to me as I'm a basshead) no matter how hard you try to EQ it. Anyway, it's still a perfect choice for general music listening and production, movies and games. So my question to you is: What is the ideal 100-170 USD (7k-15k INR) choice for listening to bass music without any fear of any overwhelming of one set of frequencies over the other yet still maintaining the high fidelity of all the instruments and percussive elements in the track? Framing this question differently, Which headphone(s), within the above-mentioned price bracket, deliver(s) the tightest possible, fast responding, highly resolved, and most accurate bass(not necessarily a thumping one but if that's available too then most welcome) without overemphasizing the rest of the spectrum?

My AudioTechnica's were pretty nice when I had them, but that was ages ago. They weren't even top end. They were M30s, so the M50s might be worth trying.

I've heard excellent things about the Meze 99 Classics, I think Fostex has some nice ones, and I loved my B&Ws however they're all over your budget.

I'd honestly recommend saving up another hundred or so, and getting something higher end. Headphones can be around with you for a long time, they're worth the investment. I had my M30s for almost 10 years.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Go for DJ heaphones like Sennheiser HD 280 PRO

Sennheiser HD 280 PRO - Professional DJ Headphones - Noise ...

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

29 minutes ago, dizmo said:

My AudioTechnica's were pretty nice when I had them, but that was ages ago. They weren't even top end. They were M30s, so the M50s might be worth trying.

I've heard excellent things about the Meze 99 Classics, I think Fostex has some nice ones, and I loved my B&Ws however they're all over your budget.

I'd honestly recommend saving up another hundred or so, and getting something higher end. Headphones can be around with you for a long time, they're worth the investment. I had my M30s for almost 10 years.

Thank You for that good advice. I agree on the fact that "The more sugar you add the sweeter it gets!" I get it that sub 300 USD ones will have a real nice performance in all the departments but they'll also be harder to drive without any amp and I have zero experience with any Amp/DAC and very little knowledge about them. I yesterday discovered Fostex T50RP Mk3 which is a great value banger (retailing for 150 USD on Amazon.com) and has an amazing bass as per experts but again I highly doubt if it's easily drivable without an amp or with a cheap chi-fi portable amp. I bought Philips because they're pretty easy to be driven by my Redmi Note 8 Pro yet still sounding amazing.

38 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Go for DJ heaphones like Sennheiser HD 280 PRO

Sennheiser HD 280 PRO - Professional DJ Headphones - Noise ...

I don't think they even remotely approach the same amount of soundstage, details, imaging and wearing comfort of my SHP9500 so no, not this one, unfortunately. I could've gone for closed cans but I wanted to try an open-back as it was only gonna be my first-ever real headphone purchase with my first salary of my first job so there's that. 😅

12 minutes ago, D33P said:

Thank You for that good advice. I agree on the fact that "The more sugar you add the sweeter it gets!" I get it that sub 300 USD ones will have a real nice performance in all the departments but they'll also be harder to drive without any amp and I have zero experience with any Amp/DAC and very little knowledge about them. I yesterday discovered Fostex T50RP Mk3 which is a great value banger (retailing for 150 USD on Amazon.com) and has an amazing bass as per experts but again I highly doubt if it's easily drivable without an amp or with a cheap chi-fi portable amp. I bought Philips because they're pretty easy to be driven by my Redmi Note 8 Pro yet still sounding amazing.

50ohms isn't hard to power. At all. It's only slightly more than most headphones. My M30s were 65ohm and they were fine with an iPod. If you're worried about that, you can get a cheap AMP like this: https://www.amazon.ca/eSynic-Adapter-Headphone-Amplifier-Smartphone/dp/B082NML3D4/ref=sr_1_7?creativeASIN=B07D3T7Q5F&imprToken=MXJFJvLhyr04YmXg7VDI5A&keywords=NextDrive+Spectra+Portable+USB+DAC+-+The+World’s+Smallest+32-bit+DAC+Headphone+Amp+for+Truly+Mastering+Your+Sound+On-The-Go+(Spectra+USB+Type-C)&linkCode=g13&qid=1585853823&s=electronics&sr=1-7

You'd want to read reviews on them, but there are options.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, D33P said:

What is the ideal 100-170 USD (7k-15k INR) choice for listening to bass music without any fear of any overwhelming of one set of frequencies over the other yet still maintaining the high fidelity of all the instruments and percussive elements in the track? 

Modhouse Argon MK3's are well known for having this sound 

Review here:

Buy here:

https://www.modhouseaudio.com/argon-mk3/zimu3wz0oyxlavnprki2jovso6c31v

14 hours ago, dizmo said:

50ohms isn't hard to power. At all. It's only slightly more than most headphones. My M30s were 65ohm and they were fine with an iPod. If you're worried about that, you can get a cheap AMP like this: https://www.amazon.ca/eSynic-Adapter-Headphone-Amplifier-Smartphone/dp/B082NML3D4/ref=sr_1_7?creativeASIN=B07D3T7Q5F&imprToken=MXJFJvLhyr04YmXg7VDI5A&keywords=NextDrive+Spectra+Portable+USB+DAC+-+The+World’s+Smallest+32-bit+DAC+Headphone+Amp+for+Truly+Mastering+Your+Sound+On-The-Go+(Spectra+USB+Type-C)&linkCode=g13&qid=1585853823&s=electronics&sr=1-7

You'd want to read reviews on them, but there are options.

My SHPs are 32 ohm. So I think I'll def. need an amp for anything over 40 Ohms to hear its full potential.

So if you need to go anpless check out the one more triple driver's they are know for their solid bass and treble response. Or if you can stretch out that budget a bit the meze 99 noit. If you want a nice open back still the Fidelio x2 he have some of the best boosted bass response in an open back

Beyer Dynamic DT 770.  You can get them in a 32 Ohm version that will run ampless great. I have the 80 ohm version and they are fine with or without a separate amp.