Am i being bottlenecked?

LokiiNeedsHelp
9 minutes ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

Is it worth upgrading to a something like a 2070 or a 1080

It's worth upgrading if you have the money to upgrade and want to upgrade. The 3600 should be able to keep up with a more powerful GPU!

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •

13 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Alright, your graphics card is likely the weak point then. I would have expected R6S performance to be higher but everything else makes sense, if your in game quality settings go down and the fps goes up, that means the GPU is the weak point.

image.png.df3c671611ed3e7c9ecca1a6919ecd0c.png

This apparently what i should be gettting with my specs, and im getting nowhere near 200fps 1080p low

2 minutes ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

This apparently what i should be gettting with my specs, and im getting nowhere near 200fps 1080p low

So what other benchmarks have you looked at?

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •

23 minutes ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

16GB DDR4 3000Mhz 8GBx2

Download CPU-z and printscreen when on the "memory" tab

Just now, Tundral said:

So what other benchmarks have you looked at?

I think that benchmark is wrong, if i look at other ones they seem to be getting the same as me

Just now, papajo said:

Download CPU-z and printscreen when on the "memory" tab

image.png.239377b9f56dd158214ba723ffbacd25.png

image.png

9 minutes ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

those are synthetic numbers, not real benchmark values.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

image.png.239377b9f56dd158214ba723ffbacd25.png

image.png

Good news is that your memory runs at dual channel, but news is that its under-clocked...  Although I dont think that the lower clock would have such a sever impact on your FPS performance there is nothing wrong in adjusting the clocks via your bios. 

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Ah okay i was mistaken

Just now, papajo said:

Good news is that your memory runs at dual channel, but news is that its under-clocked...  Although I dont think that the lower clock would have such a sever impact on your FPS performance there is nothing wrong in adjusting the clocks via your bios. 

What should i clock it to in my bios

1 minute ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

What should i clock it to in my bios

To the clocks that the kit is rated to. If it's a 3000Mhz kit then do 3000Mhz. You should be able to set the automatic profile in the BIOS

Main rig:

Secondary rig:

11 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

@LokiiNeedsHelp Yea that is true check benchmark videos using the same hardware as yours such as this one

and see if your FPS is different that way.. 

Just now, papajo said:

@LokiiNeedsHelp Yea that is true check benchmark videos using the same hardware as you such as this one

and see if your FPS is different that way.. 

Just now, Tundral said:

To the clocks that the kit is rated to. If it's a 3000Mhz kit then do 3000Mhz. You should be able to set the automatic profile in the BIOS

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I want to upgrade soon for my birthday I want to be able to run all the games i stated at 144+ fps , even if i have something like OBS open, and i dont mind setting all games to their lowest settings since its what i usually do anyway to get as much fps as possible.

Which GPU should i upgrade to? I was thinking of a 2060 but i could also try to get a cheap 2nd hand 2070. Would 1080 be worth it?

Just now, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

I want to upgrade soon for my birthday I want to be able to run all the games i stated at 144+ fps , even if i have something like OBS open, and i dont mind setting all games to their lowest settings since its what i usually do anyway to get as much fps as possible.

Which GPU should i upgrade to? I was thinking of a 2060 but i could also try to get a cheap 2nd hand 2070. Would 1080 be worth it?

I don't think there are many RTX 2070 models floating about the used market, it's a pretty new product. The GTX 1080 might be more available for low prices.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

I don't think there are many RTX 2070 models floating about the used market, it's a pretty new product. The GTX 1080 might be more available for low prices.

Do you think its worth investing into the 2000 series or is it safe to just go for a 1080 for the next few years

3 minutes ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

Best bang for the buck buy a cheap/medium priced RX 5600xt  if you have more cash than that then go for a rx 5700 xt if you have even more cash than that then go for a RTX 2070 super

Just now, papajo said:

Best bang for the buck buy a cheap/medium priced RX 5600xt  if you have more cash than that then go for a rx 5700 xt

I have heard that they can go pretty high in temps compared to the newer nvidia cards, i havnt been keeping up much to the new GPUs. Is AMD on par with nvidia? And what would both those cards compare to on the Nvidia side

Just now, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

I have heard that they can go pretty high in temps compared to the newer nvidia cards, i havnt been keeping up much to the new GPUs. Is AMD on par with nvidia? And what would both those cards compare to on the Nvidia side

That's gossip mostly temps are fine actually ALL the GPUs you gonna buy no matter if its amd or nvidia and no matter the brand (unless if they are defective in which case you should return them for a new one or if that particular model has an issue which usually means its going to be recalled) will have temps that wont interfere with its ability to work at 100% and live a proper lifecycle temps is the last thing you should be worried about when buying a card if the temps where bad the manufacturer wouldnt put a warranty on that card...

Temps are only a concern when you compare similar GPUs but different brands/versions of it and have in mind to overclock the cards as much as possible so you chose the card with the best cooling solution and PCB/vrm to suit that need other than that its an irrelevant metric if you just want to plug the card in and play games normally. 

6 minutes ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

Do you think its worth investing into the 2000 series or is it safe to just go for a 1080 for the next few years

Safe? I guess, people are still using their GTX 1080s and probably will for a while.

4 minutes ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

There are AMD cards that can keep a reasonable temp, no need to worry about that.

Primary PC:

Just now, papajo said:

That's gossip mostly temps are fine actually ALL the GPUs you gonna buy no matter if its amd or nvidia and no matter the brand (unless if they are defective in which case you should return them for a new one or if that particular model has an issue which usually means its going to be recalled) will have temps that wont interfere with its ability to work at 100% and live a proper lifecycle temps is the last thing you should be worried about when buying a card if the temps where bad the manufacturer wouldnt put a warranty on that card...

Temps are only a concern when you compare similar GPUs but different brands/versions of it and have in mind to overclock the cards as much as possible so you chose the card with the best cooling solution and PCB/vrm to suit that need other than that its an irrelevant metric if you just want to plug the card in and play games normally. 

What about a 2060 or a 2060 super?

1 minute ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

What about a 2060 or a 2060 super?

nice cards but price to performance I would prefer an RX 5600 xt over them 

if you have money to buy a more expensive RTX 2060 super version and care about dlss I would go for it.. unless the RTX 2060 super has the same pricetag as a RX 5700 xt then I would go for the RX 5700 xt.

If you have slightly more money than that then I would go for a RTX 2070 super. 

11 minutes ago, papajo said:

nice cards but price to performance I would prefer an RX 5600 xt over them 

if you have money to buy a more expensive RTX 2060 super version and care about dlss I would go for it.. unless the RTX 2060 super has the same pricetag as a RX 5700 xt then I would go for the RX 5700 xt.

If you have slightly more money than that then I would go for a RTX 2070 super. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-Space-grade-Resistance-Auto-Extreme-Compatibility/dp/B07WFQPLMX/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=rx5700xt&qid=1585853873&sr=8-1 This rx5700 is currently at a pretty good deal but i saw that some say its worst of the 5700xt with some saying its worth than the founders addition

Is this variant worth getting?

Have you tested with XMP/proper memory speed enabled? I know overwatch in particular is very picky about memory speed. Even going from 3000 to 3200 can be a noticeable difference in frametimes.

28 minutes ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-Space-grade-Resistance-Auto-Extreme-Compatibility/dp/B07WFQPLMX/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=rx5700xt&qid=1585853873&sr=8-1 This rx5700 is currently at a pretty good deal but i saw that some say its worst of the 5700xt with some saying its worth than the founders addition

Is this variant worth getting?

It doesnt have a good cooling solution that's the reason everyone complains mostly because it doesnt have a vrm cooling plate.

Having said that as mentioned it does come with ASUS 3 year warranty so you should not worry also you can add cooling pads for the VRM is that is a concern for you.

Other than that it performs well 

Just now, papajo said:

It doesnt have a good cooling solution that's the reason everyone complains mostly because it doesnt have a vrm cooling plate.

Having said that as mentioned it does come with ASUS 3 year warranty so you should not worry also you can add cooling pads for the VRM is that is a concern for you.

Other than that it performs well 

Should i take that deal and go for it besides the bad cooling?