Need a new PC; will these components fit my needs?

Hi folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm buying a new PC for my office to use for some light Adobe CC work (basic Premiere, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.), web browsing, and general word processing/office work.

I have a budget of $1,000 CAD, and I'm required by my employer to buy a prebuilt system (unfortunately) however have been given the thumbs up to do some basic upgrades to bring the machine up to snuff. This is the machine I've picked out: a prebuilt Lenovo system with an i5 9400, 8GB of RAM, and a 256GB M.2 SSD, currently listed for $750. I'm hoping to order this machine along with an additional 8GB RAM stick, and a 500GB WD NVMe SSD to bring the memory and storage up to par for my needs.

I'm wondering if you folks think this machine will be suitable for my usage, and if it seems to be a reasonable package for the price? My biggest concerns with the machine are the lack of a dedicated GPU, which doesn't seem like it's a huge problem for Adobe products but could slow rendering in Premiere, and the super low power PSU (180W) which I feel may give me trouble when I try to upgrade the SSD, RAM, or any other components in the future. What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Are you allowed to buy from companies like Maingear, iBuypower, Cyberpower, etc? I mean, they are technically prebuilt systems as well. Or is it strictly OEM manufacturers like Dell, HP?

47 minutes ago, Classified101 said:

Are you allowed to buy from companies like Maingear, iBuypower, Cyberpower, etc? I mean, they are technically prebuilt systems as well. Or is it strictly OEM manufacturers like Dell, HP?

All I was told is I need to buy something pre-assembled so if there's ever an issue, there'll be some sort of "manufacturer" or retailer to go back to. So, I'd assume there would be no issues going with any of those companies.